• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manila >> banaue >> sagada

are the roads passable now?

also, going to banaue... is taking the sctex advisable? faster
    than the nueva ecija route?

its passable. went there last december okay naman na. may mga unpaved sections.

cars are getting increasingly popular in sagada.

if your end destination is in sagada, better to take halsema highway (through SCTEX-baguio).

Comment

was planning to use the banaue route to baguio and the other route back...

did u use the sctex prior to going to banaue? is this better compared to the
      one that passes by nueva ecija and all... via sta rita exit?

Comment

here is a pic of the map with the end of sctex.
        i encircled the part which shows the possible roads to dalton pass
        and to banaue...

is this the way you took to banaue?

how accurate is the gps when tracing this route?
        Attached Files

Comment

went there back in april 2006 and just last december of 2008.

i took the dalton pass nung 2006. its still generally unpaved and not adviseable for low clearance vehicles. i took halsema going back down and the views are better for me and the roads, though some sections also unpaved, seemed better.

last december i decided to just take halsema to sagada and from sagada. the amount of unpaved road was reduced significantly. if i remember correctly back in 2006 nasa 45km yung unpaved, ngayon nasa 15-20 na lang. ganda na ng kalye. kaya na din ng kotse.

there was one portion in halsema (it was a series of hairpins) na nawala konti yung nuvi 660 :lol: other than that the map is spot on.

hindi ko pa alam nun na may roadguide.ph na (was still going to the freewebs) and my map then (and until now) 5.0x

Comment

oh ok... tnx tnx!

looks like ill be testing this gps! hahaha! break-in time!

Comment

What happened to your trip, Pong?
              Is N.Ecija a better route?

Comment

the one i took is also a part of nueva ecija.

better take the main highways...

its shorter... but very scary

Comment

i actually want to know how the aritao road is going to baguio and then go to sagada hehehe..

Comment

Better take SCTEX and when you exit SCTEX, turn right towards Zaragoza, then take left at Carmen then turn right again the end of the road. That last turn will take you straight to Maharlika Highway and just Continue northwards to Dalton. The route by-passes Cabanatuan City which is know for heavy traffic. HTH

Comment

Originally posted by angelobryant View Post
                      Better take SCTEX and when you exit SCTEX, turn right towards Zaragoza, then take left at Carmen then turn right again the end of the road. That last turn will take you straight to Maharlika Highway and just Continue northwards to Dalton. The route by-passes Cabanatuan City which is know for heavy traffic. HTH
                      A better way to show directions is to upload a mapsource route file of this route...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                        A better way to show directions is to upload a mapsource route file of this route...
                        lol why didn't I think of that

Comment

Originally posted by antonboq View Post
                          its passable. went there last december okay naman na. may mga unpaved sections.

cars are getting increasingly popular in sagada.

if your end destination is in sagada, better to take halsema highway (through SCTEX-baguio).
                          Does anyone has an update of the Halsema Highway? How's the road condition. I heard that this driving this highway is such a challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
                            Does anyone has an update of the Halsema Highway? How's the road condition. I heard that this driving this highway is such a challenge?
                            I rode down from Sagada last Sunday via Halsema. Roads are ok except for some short sections that are being repaired. Nothing that a sedan can't handle. It is a challenge because of the twisting curves.... that becomes boring after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Beerboy View Post
                              I rode down from Sagada last Sunday via Halsema. Roads are ok except for some short sections that are being repaired. Nothing that a sedan can't handle. It is a challenge because of the twisting curves.... that becomes boring after a while.
                              Coming from Manila and planning to go to Baguio / Banaue and Sagada, which route do you recommend?

A. Mla to Banaue first via Nueva Ecija route, then from Banaue to Sagada and then take Halsema Highway down to Baguio

B. Mla to Baguio (via Sctex of course) first then proceed to Sagada via Halsema then proceed to Banaue

On the previous posts, it seems that there are several options like bypassing Cabanatuan etc...I'm not familiar but would would like to try (w/ help of my Gps)

Comment

Working...
                              X