Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcycle travel via Bohol-Leyte to Davao

Hello,

We are planning to ride later this month by motorcycle from Iloilo to Davao.

Our intended route is Iloilo-Bacolod-Toledo-Cebu -Tubigon(Bohol). From there from Ubay(NE-Bohol) to Leyte and then via Surigao to Davao.
    I am familiar with part of this route but a few questions remain and maybe I can ask info on this forum.

What are the ferry departure times from Ubay (Bohol)? I think that there are two destinations from Ubay to Leyte being “Bato” and “??””.

I suppose that the ferry in Southern Leyte (San Ricardo to Surigao) is going at regular intervals because of it’s short distance? Correct?

From Surigao going to Davao the Eastern coastal roads looks very inviting (passing Placer / Carrascal / Lanuza / etc.). Is anybody familiar with this road? Is it suitable for two BMW GS-motorcycles packed with luggage and back-seat riders? Is it safe?

Going back to Iloilo we will go via Kidapawan - Dipolog - Dumaguete, I do not expect much surprises there....only the road from Molave going North to Katipunan. Is this road okay and safe?

Thanks!
    Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.[Shakespeare]

From Ubay bohol there is a trip going to Maasin. they have also a ferry from Jagna to Camiguin to Tagoloan Misssamis Orriental to CdO to Bukidnon to Davao.
    Im not sure if the San Ricardo ferry terminal is now open or if they have the regular ferry.usually we use the ferry from Lilo-an in crossing to Lipata surigao which takes 3~3.5hrs depending on the weather.

From Surigao taking the eastern seaborg of the island is good but quite far to DAvao. I suggest you depart Surigao city in the morning after breakfast and by midday you will be in the Hayanggabon area which is on top of the red mountain(color of the soil is red) where you can see the zigzag road below then dont forget to stop by the road marker WELCOME TO CARCANMADCARLAN (short for CAR-Carascal, Can-Cantila, Mad-Madrid, Car-Carmen, Lan-Lanuza all of Surigao del sur) tke photo. When you arrived Tandag City capital of Surigao del sur, I suggest to spend the night here. Bus travel from Tandag to Davao city is approx. 8 to 10hrs.

Roads are good already concrete with some portion rough.

Using motorbike is no problem especially if its a big bike. I Have travelled this route many times using a car.

Just to share my travel route before I have done the following road trip with my family.
    Cebu-Bohol-Camiguin-Cagayan-Davao-Tandag-Surigao city-Southern Leyte-Tacloban-Isabel-Cebu Route.
    Starting form Cebu 7am to Tubigon to Jagna to Camiguin arrived 6pm then spend the night.
    Next day depart Camiguin 9am to Tagoloan Misamis Orr. to Cagayan de oro to Bukidnon to Davao arrival 7pm. spend two days in Davao.
    From Davao depart 10am going to/or passing the following provinces, Davao Orriental, COMVAL Province, Surigao del Sur province. arrived Tandag 5pm. stay 3 days in my hometown Tago,surigao del sur. From Tandag we go to Surigao del norte then cross to Liloan then to Tacoban passing the Abuyog Route. Stay 2days tacloban then went back to cebu via tacloban to isabel and take the ferry to Danao and finally cebu city.

Another roadtrip to share is Cebu-Dumaguete-Dapitan-Ozamis-Iligan-Cagayan-Gigoog-Butuan-Surigao city-Tacloban-Ormoc-Cebu route.

So far all the roads are paved and safe although in Mindanao especially in Surigao and Zamboanga area there is an occasional military check point. We travel only during Day time. On our experienced before starting the journey my children will make the trip plan, how many Km. to travel, where to stay for the night, where to eat, we always bring a laptop with tatto for internet connection to check PI.

Comment

Working...
    X