Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road from Solsona-Kabugao/vice versa?

Dear all,

I am curious if someone has tried this road Ilokos-Apayao. Assuming it exist, any information would be appreciated.

Salamat!!!

--bunny

Ilocos norte-kabugao route

Way back before 1991, i tried following that road from solsona up . After leaving the end of the tarmac road, i was going up and up on a fairly good gravel road. Winding through it the roads become narrower until it became clear that the road was being overrun by the forest as i go further up. Since it was getting late in the afternoon and not seeing any road traffic along the road, plus the ever worry of insurgency in that area, i decided to double back to marcos town, vintar and the highway and be back on my merry way to bangued.

2005, i had several opportunities to go kabugao, apayao. I ask around and it seems the road ends at kabugao from apayao. The posibbility of going to calanasan town is possible only through shooting the rapids of the river that passes by the two towns. If you look at the road map, calanasan is about midway near the road between kabugao and solsona. But even up to now calanasan can only be reached by road through claveria-sta praxedes in cagayan.

bong

Comment

I have been wanting to verify this road by riding through it but have had no opportunity to do so. I did my research and asked a friend whose business includes delivering educational materials to remote areas. His people told him that the road is passable but unpaved.

Comment

Working...
      X