Road quality Mindoro? San Jose to Roxas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road quality Mindoro? San Jose to Roxas

The map shows this as paved road but I've benn told there is a section from San Jose to Roxas that is dirt (mud when wet) Might be passable in a car or suv but we are on big bikes which wont go through mud, a little dirt is ok but footage I saw on youtube showed deep thick impassable mud. Not sure how old that footage is though.
    Can anyone confirm the road quality there? Was hoping to get the RORO to Abra de Ilog then ride counter clockwise around the isalnd with RORO from Calapan back to Batangas. The only problem is if our bikes get stuck and cant get through the dirt/mud we will have issues getting back.
    thanks in advance.

roxas-bulalacao-san jose road

Best info will be to ask the drivers of Dimples bus lines. They ply the route to san jose via calapan-bulalacao or via abra de ilog -mamburao from manila in aircon busses.

I tried the route once during the 80's from bulalacao to san jose and back in a day. It looked like a trail in the middle but the aprroach going up the mountain was ok. The roads to malicong and lacub and abra were in much worst condition than it during that time.

bong

Comment

from a guy who did it two weeks ago on a klr:

about 50 km off road. some rocks / some boulders. one river crossing with banka.
      (he said "some difficult rocky stuff" - and he's an experienced rider....)
      (he also said "on a hd? - fekkit")

otoh the paved roads were quite nice he said as well.

pics to follow (hopefully)
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

pics
        Attached Files

Comment

pics again (he kinda mentioned that embarking (pics) was a lot easier then disembarking as the quay was 3 meters higher than the banka)

take some pics when you do the ride!
          Attached Files

Comment

mmmmm...thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'll plan for somewhere else. I guess that one will have to wait a while for road improvements

Comment

or take lighter bikes...

Comment

Working...
              X