SLEX warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLEX warning

I received this yesterday from the British Embassy, stating that starting June 1, SLEX will start issuing speeding tickets.

Additional points in the document were:

Additional Information:
    • Speed Limit: 60-100 kph
    • Overtaking Lane: Innermost Lane
    • Overtaking Speed: 110kph; 120kph allowed within 30-60 seconds
    • How over speeding is identified: via CCTV cameras/speed gun along Alabang to Sto.Tomas
    • How Tickets will be issued: at toll booths or thru Traffic Officers (flag down) along SLEX. Driver’s license will be confiscated in exchange for a Temporary Operator’s Permit (TOP) which is valid for 3 working days.
    • Where to render/pay penalty: during office hours at LTO Quezon City – East Avenue or LTO Region IV at Lipa, Batangas. Confiscated Driver’s license will be turned over to LTO the following day.
    • Traffic Information is provided thru Digital Variable Signages located at Susana Heights and Sta. Rosa
    • Reference Regulation: RA 4136-Traffic Code of the Philippines
    • Emergency Assistance Nos.: CP No. 0908-880-7539
    Landline No. (049) 508-7539

Anyone got any idea on the interpretation of 'Overtaking Speed'?? Surely this means the speed limit is actually 120kph?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by stevensan View Post
    I received this yesterday from the British Embassy, stating that starting June 1, SLEX will start issuing speeding tickets.

Additional points in the document were:

Additional Information:

• Speed Limit: 60-100 kph

• Overtaking Lane: Innermost Lane

• Overtaking Speed: 110kph; 120kph allowed within 30-60 seconds

• How over speeding is identified: via CCTV cameras/speed gun along Alabang to Sto.Tomas

• How Tickets will be issued: at toll booths or thru Traffic Officers (flag down) along SLEX. Driver’s license will be confiscated in exchange for a Temporary Operator’s Permit (TOP) which is valid for 3 working days.

• Where to render/pay penalty: during office hours at LTO Quezon City – East Avenue or LTO Region IV at Lipa, Batangas. Confiscated Driver’s license will be turned over to LTO the following day.

• Traffic Information is provided thru Digital Variable Signages located at Susana Heights and Sta. Rosa

• Reference Regulation: RA 4136-Traffic Code of the Philippines

• Emergency Assistance Nos.: CP No. 0908-880-7539

Landline No. (049) 508-7539

Anyone got any idea on the interpretation of 'Overtaking Speed'?? Surely this means the speed limit is actually 120kph?

Or more interesting for motorcycles: do they take pictures from front or rear?
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by stevensan View Post
      from what i understand, you can only go up to 110-120kph while overtaking.
      got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Originally posted by legtu View Post
        from what i understand, you can only go up to 110-120kph while overtaking.
        yes.
        technically speaking you will be allowed to reach 120kph in overtaking lane.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
          yes.

technically speaking you will be allowed to reach 120kph in overtaking lane.

I can smell the controversies starting already....
          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

In an ideal world or Highway.

If everyone in the middle lane is doing 100kph then people who want to overtake will just go to the left most lane (inside lane) more than 100kph and then go back in the middle lane.

So that cars will just be "leap frogging" from middle to left lane and back. When Star was new I saw this being done, and I was very happy, but because it became mainstream already there are more stoofid people on the road, not good when you are doing 120kph, some start trying to overtake on the right to boot!

Doing 110kph in middle and leftmost lane is probably a bit safe, they do give a bit of a "tolerance".

Koya Jan, I guess we'll only find out if any of the RG members gets caught overspeeding

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Looks like they are now stepping up the efforts against speeding

This is however not new, I was caught by laser on Sky-way a couple of years ago! Got off the hook then though
              Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

better to install tomgotan's speed warning then.
                FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

if you don't want to get caught over speeding, better buy a radar detector. it's around 4k. and no it's not illegal to own one.

Comment

I find that traveling at a steady cruise control rate of 119kph (GPS trip computer speedo), even on non-overtaking lane, is ok. Works in NLEX and SCTEX. Should be the same for SLEX as LTO also manages traffic in both express ways. I could be wrong. Never been caught yet. Touch wood!

Comment

Originally posted by elijahpaul87 View Post
                      if you don't want to get caught over speeding, better buy a radar detector. it's around 4k. and no it's not illegal to own one.
                      I have a radar detector and it works. I normally use it in NLEX. One day it sounded off in NLEX. But instead of doing something about it I just continued (that was really stupid of me). I should have pulled over to the next gas station and enjoyed a cup/s of cappuccino for an hour.

Anyway, the one that detected my speed was waiting for me at the exit toll booths. I was told I was doing 137mph and they only tolerate up to 115kph (official is 100kph). My license was confiscated bcos I ignored the radar detector and just continued.

I hope some of you will learn from this experience.

Comment

Originally posted by jamorales3 View Post
                        I have a radar detector and it works. I normally use it in NLEX. One day it sounded off in NLEX. But instead of doing something about it I just continued (that was really stupid of me). I should have pulled over to the next gas station and enjoyed a cup/s of cappuccino for an hour.

Anyway, the one that detected my speed was waiting for me at the exit toll booths. I was told I was doing 137mph and they only tolerate up to 115kph (official is 100kph). My license was confiscated bcos I ignored the radar detector and just continued.

I hope some of you will learn from this experience.
                        hmmm , next project- what's the tried and tested brand? I just finished my Eco route HD project

Comment

Originally posted by jamorales3 View Post
                          I should have pulled over to the next gas station and enjoyed a cup/s of cappuccino for an hour.
                          This is also my escape plan incase I get tagged for speeding in the NLEX.

I wonder though, will they really give up on waiting at the exits?

Comment

Hmm, not sure but what I understand what radar detectors do is to detect radar signals (duh) and so warn you that someone is actively monitoring speeds in the area.

So when there is a beep or what not, the first thing you have to do is slow down, and hope you didn't get tagged over the speed limit.

Which means stopping for coffee in a Gas Station is not going to work because they already have proof that you were speeding and will be waiting at the Toll booth. They are not going to be using time from entry to exit point anymore. What you can hope for is that after an hour, the guy waiting for you at the toll gets tired of waiting and looking for your plate no and think that you have exited somewhere else

I also am not sure but because the police officer shooting the radar gun can actually pick his targets, that you radar detector might not see the activity until you are already tagged (if you were the only one in that road for example).

TTFN
                            Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                              What you can hope for is that after an hour, the guy waiting for you at the toll gets tired of waiting and looking for your plate no and think that you have exited somewhere else
                              Yes, this was what I was thinking. Although they have a photo of your car as proof, i was wondering how long they would wait at the exits for you under the searing Philippine sun.

You can tell when they are waiting for someone at the exits, there are these marshals looking at everyones plate numbers.

Comment

Working...
                              X