How to get to Capalonga Cam norte?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get to Capalonga Cam norte?

Requesting help from RG members in southern Luzon and those who go through Maharlika highway often.

My Mom wants to visit Capalonga tomorrow and asked me to help her plot the route, unfortunately our map does not show the roads to Capalonga from the main highway, google map shows one route only, our map shows parts of that route as dirt road.

I would like to ask those who have been there or in the area, which route or where to expect the road to capalonga is?

Actually after finding out that we don't have a proper track for it, and that the town itself, though has roads mapped out, still don't have road names, I am thinking I should go with her and map out the area Even if I don't rest assured I will ask driver to keep the GPS on so that we'd get 1 sec tracks

Lastly I wonder if you guys can give an estimate on how long will the travel take from Manila to Capalonga?

Looking forward to your inputs and suggestions.

TTFN
    Arvin

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
    I am thinking I should go with her and map out the area
    this is the correct answer sir.
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

kuya,
      after calauag quezon, maharlika hwy goes into camarines norte. there is a welcome arc for the first town of cam norte which is sta. elena. drive straight ignoring the junction of rolando andaya hwy (this hwy will lead you directly to cam sur).
      after sta elena proper, not sure after how many km though, there is a junction going to capalonga, you should turn left, i dont know how much longer for town proper fr junction though. usually there are jeepneys waiting on this junction that go to town proper of capalonga.
      the next big town if you miss the junction will be daet, the capital town of cam norte.
      from manila it would take your around 6hrs depending on the traffic when passing quezon towns of candelaria, tiaong, sariaya and even san pablo city.
      best to leave manila at around 4-5am to avoid this traffic.
      road condition is generally good except in pagbilao quezon, town next to lucena city.
      i believe your mom will go to a pilgrimage, right? there is a popular holy retreat place in capalonga. my mom in law went there once.
      its also better to contact elkabong, he has knowledge on cam norte as he has submitted several tracks in the area.
      kuya jan's advise is right so you could gather 1s tracks
      have a nice trip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

capalonga is 31 kms from maharlika hwy with some portion under construction.
        because of some rains recently expect some portion to be covered in mud.
        here is a 1 sec tracklog going to capalonga for your reference. http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....8&postcount=77

Comment

Originally posted by elkabong View Post
          capalonga is 31 kms from maharlika hwy with some portion under construction.
          because of some rains recently expect some portion to be covered in mud.
          here is a 1 sec tracklog going to capalonga for your reference. http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....8&postcount=77
          thats right! forgot about this.
          road to capalonga will be on 2.10!
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Thanks Kuya Reiji, Kuya Elkabong and Kuya Jan for your replies.

Unfortunately my kids has a "thing" to attend to saturday afternoon, and they need a driver coz my Mom insisted in using our driver to driver her (with our without me) so I am not going to be able to go on the trip. Too bad as though Kuya Elkabong's tracks already will show how to get there, the town itself needs road names and waypoints. Maybe next time or maybe Kuya Elkabong can do it if he goes there again, or other RG members who might go for the fiesta or pilgrimage.

Yes Kuya Reiji, my Mom is going for a Pilgrimage of sorts, which started with my Grandmother who is actually a buddist, long story

As we are still in 2.09, I think that Kuya Elkabong's tracks will be a great help in finding the place where they should turn in. This is going to be a big help. I will turn on 1sec tracks on my unit which they will use to get there.

My wife knows me all too well now, she knows that if I go on a trip with Mapping in mind, that a 6 hour trip will become an 7 to 8 hour trip from taking waypoints and other data.

Thanks again everyone!
            TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Thanks again you guys. I have uploaded one waypoint and a compilation of tracks for Capalonga. Kuya Elkabong's tracks were spot on they found the turn easily enough, thanks kuya! I figured kuya Reiji might still want the 1 sec tracks for averaging.

It took them 7 hours to get to the town, thanks to road work around Pagbilao.

ps. I forgot we have that thanks button already, so I used it just now
              What do people get when they reach 100 thanks?
              Last edited by arvin555; 05-09-2012, 12:01.

Comment

Working...
              X