Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are the roads to Allen from Calbayog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are the roads to Allen from Calbayog?

do you guys recommend going to Catarman first then Allen?
    or is it okay to just go directly via shoreline Pan-Philippine Hiway?

i will be driving a Ford Escape 4x4

thanks for your inputs guys
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

A friend of mine who drove a suzuki alto all the way to CDO said that he took the Allen to Calbayog route and it was okay, another friend of mine who drove his Toyota Surf said that they did it the same way as well.

The route to Catarman is a bit longer, and from what I understand most bikers used to use it because the Allen/Calbayog route before was not as well paved or have damaged roads.

That said these are all second hand info, hopefully someone with first hand info can chime in for you.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

thanks kuya arvin

will be traversing that road hopefully by tomorrow....

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Comment

Have a nice trip Kuya Vforce!

Comment

thanks kuya arvin... indeed the roads to allen is like from 1-10 i'll give it an 8 due to some rehabilitation of bridges.. trucks are not allowed and were diverted northward to catarman. overall its a smooth sailing

O.T. roads from Gingoog to Butuan are terrible... its like crumpled biscuit crackers.. there were even good roads that were intentionally broken by giant jackhammers (maybe to justify that it is due for rehabilitation) damn... so be careful and adjust your speed accordingly there because it can easily cut your tires

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
            thanks kuya arvin... indeed the roads to allen is like from 1-10 i'll give it an 8 due to some rehabilitation of bridges.. trucks are not allowed and were diverted northward to catarman. overall its a smooth sailing

O.T. roads from Gingoog to Butuan are terrible... its like crumpled biscuit crackers.. there were even good roads that were intentionally broken by giant jackhammers (maybe to justify that it is due for rehabilitation) damn... so be careful and adjust your speed accordingly there because it can easily cut your tires
            So Butuan- to Cagayan would take probably 4-5 hours now by bus?

Comment

My wife made the bus trip from Butuan to CDO (actually, only to Bugo, at the intersection of the Sayre National Highway that goes to Bukidnon, about 15 km short of CDO) mid-January. She said it took 4 hours by bus.
              Experiencia Docet

Comment

after reviewing my active log, yes it took me more than 4 hours from butuan to cdo ... it used to be a 3-hr drive...

btw i dont use paper maps anymore... Go GREEN

Comment

A few years ago, that was Enduro haven. I wrecked my front wheel and busted my tire as well. There was a 2 km stretch of road that was nothing but mud when it was raining. Once I nearly crashed when a small kid suddenly jumped out of, of all things.... a huge pothole!

My Leyte friends called Samar, "the land of promise". Because once you ride through it you'll promise yourself never to ride there again.

Haha, good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Beerboy View Post
                    A few years ago, that was Enduro haven. I wrecked my front wheel and busted my tire as well. There was a 2 km stretch of road that was nothing but mud when it was raining. Once I nearly crashed when a small kid suddenly jumped out of, of all things.... a huge pothole!

My Leyte friends called Samar, "the land of promise". Because once you ride through it you'll promise yourself never to ride there again.

Haha, good times.

... my siblings escape was limping when it arrived in cdo from manila, roads along allen was the culprit (kasalanan ng daan hahaha) ... this happened 3 years ago

Comment

Working...
                    X