MapSource Version 6.15.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pokz View Post
    Only Garmin can answer this. Maybe they decided not to incorporate it automatically given the relatively small amount of change there is from 6.15.6 to 6.15.7. Just a guess though.
    Do you want me to ask? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
      its just informing you that it will take 3 hours and 48 minutes to complete downloading on a speed of a 56k modem.
      now if you have a faster internet then you wont have to wait that long

HTH
      What I want to download is the latest version or 6.15.7. However, when I update Mapsource, it says 6.15.6 only.

Comment

Originally posted by PageDown View Post
        What I want to download is the latest version or 6.15.7. However, when I update Mapsource, it says 6.15.6 only.
        yes you are correct... if you click update on your mapsource help section it just show you the 6.15.6

try to install the 1st post of this thread. but mind you, it will slow down your computer
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Capitalizing or uncapitalizing in track names bug

I have found that where I might have capitalized a letter wrong and then gone back into correct, it will not correct only a change in capitilization. I have to change a character somewhere. Adding a space at the end does not work. Fullstop yes but I have to change a character somewhere in the name before the capitalization change is reckonized.

Confusing till you figure what is happening.

Seems to work okay for POI's.

Regards
          dave
          Happiness is a blank screen with only the little pointer and a tail comimg out the back!

Comment

please help me where can i download a mapsource? i'm just a newbie here. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ronnie_m_reyes@yahoo.com View Post
              please help me where can i download a mapsource? i'm just a newbie here. thanks!

hi sir ronnie,

please read the FAQ inside the HOW TO section. your question will be answered there

thanks
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

Comment

please use mapsource 6.15 if youre using window 7.
                - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                  please use mapsource 6.15 if youre using window 7.
                  Ni hao!

I agree.

I'm using 6.15.7 on my desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. And on my vaio, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. Works like a champ.
                  SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

Note that the link on the first post no longer points to 6.15.7. The link will take you to 6.15.11 (or any of the latest Mapsource version).

Those who still have the 6.15.7 update installer, just hold on to it since apparently, it's no longer available via the link provided.
                    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Updated the link on the first post to point it to v6.15.7
                      http://www8.garmin.com/software/MapSource_6157.exe

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
                      Note that the link on the first post no longer points to 6.15.7. The link will take you to 6.15.11 (or any of the latest Mapsource version).

Those who still have the 6.15.7 update installer, just hold on to it since apparently, it's no longer available via the link provided.

Comment

MapSource Version 6.15.10 --> Attention

Originally posted by Hardright View Post
                        Am still using 6.13. Is it safe to use 6.15.7?
                        Regarding your question if its safe to upgrade to 6.15.7. please read as follows just as information:
                        A few days ago I installed the newest update of Europe NT 2010.30. This update normally is a complete package which contains the new map, the newest MapSource (in my case version 6.15.10) and software updates of the device.

Since then MapSource ask always at start for the unlock code of the roadguide map, but contrary to previous MapSource versions you can not unlook the code with MapSource localy. In the newest version you only can unlock the map online on Garmin’s internet page (no other options). I called Garmin and they confirmed me that from now all NON Garmin maps won’t work anymore as long as they are not officially registered.

That means it’s NOT possible to activate the roadguide map anymore with the MapSource version 6.15.10, also the Garmin device show that the map isent unlocked.

I installed an older version of MapSource on an other computer and could unlock the Roadguide contributor map easily because Mapsource asked for the 25digit code (as usual before).

Comment

In short, it is safe to use 6.15.7....http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1849

Comment

Originally posted by jaithip View Post
                            Regarding your question if its safe to upgrade to 6.15.7. please read as follows just as information:
                            A few days ago I installed the newest update of Europe NT 2010.30. This update normally is a complete package which contains the new map, the newest MapSource (in my case version 6.15.10) and software updates of the device.

Since then MapSource ask always at start for the unlock code of the roadguide map, but contrary to previous MapSource versions you can not unlook the code with MapSource localy. In the newest version you only can unlock the map online on Garmin’s internet page (no other options). I called Garmin and they confirmed me that from now all NON Garmin maps won’t work anymore as long as they are not officially registered.

That means it’s NOT possible to activate the roadguide map anymore with the MapSource version 6.15.10, also the Garmin device show that the map isent unlocked.

I installed an older version of MapSource on an other computer and could unlock the Roadguide contributor map easily because Mapsource asked for the 25digit code (as usual before).
                            You can also install two versions of mapsource in your PC, the 6.13.7 version and the latest version. Instructions for this can be found in this forum (try to search as i can't remember what thread it's in). Just use the 6.13.7 version when generating the img file that will be installed to your GPS... HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                              You can also install two versions of mapsource in your PC, the 6.13.7 version and the latest version. Instructions for this can be found in this forum (try to search as i can't remember what thread it's in). Just use the 6.13.7 version when generating the img file that will be installed to your GPS... HTH
                              here it is kuya:
                              http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=664
                              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

ctrl + F

I have a mapsource 6.15.7 but having a hard time using it.

When I select the standard map I can make use of the ctrl + F, but can't use it when im with the upgraded 1.12 map.

I can't search for the address I want.

Comment

Working...
                                X