Uploading Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading Problem

Garmin StreetPilot 340C with 6.10 software (Latest)
    Mapsource 6.157 (Latest)
    Philippines routable 5.17 (Free non contributor version)

I get an error at about 98% finished: I cannot seem to get the maps uploaded to my Garmin. I thought it was an update issue so I switched computers and installed all the latest everything but am getting the same error. My model has an SD card but it does not recognize any map pieces on the SD when I copy them over so Mapsource is probably the only way.

The GPS has returned an error status while receiving data packets. This could be due to a malfunction in the GPS or an error in this application.

I would appreciate any help you might have.

Thanks, GWB

Originally posted by zp18zp18 View Post
    Garmin StreetPilot 340C with 6.10 software (Latest)
    Mapsource 6.157 (Latest)
    Philippines routable 5.17 (Free non contributor version)

I get an error at about 98% finished: I cannot seem to get the maps uploaded to my Garmin. I thought it was an update issue so I switched computers and installed all the latest everything but am getting the same error. My model has an SD card but it does not recognize any map pieces on the SD when I copy them over so Mapsource is probably the only way.

The GPS has returned an error status while receiving data packets. This could be due to a malfunction in the GPS or an error in this application.

I would appreciate any help you might have.

Thanks, GWB
    hi zp18,

1st, check the size of the file that you download. click properties. obiously if its 98% then your lacking something then you'll get an error message.
    2nd, i've tried installing the 5.17 using mapsource and it work perfectly.
    (if you connect your streetpilot to your computer, the mapsource opens right!)
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hi zp18 & welcome to Roadguide. Try using a card reader with your SD card & download the standard map's gmapsupp.img here & copy to the card. There are some issues with the standard map 5.17 & the latest versions of mapsource. Seems this map works best with the 6.13.7 version. You can actually install this version & run it side by side with the latest one. There's a thread here that discusses just that, please check it out... HTH

Comment

Garmin Support

Nothing in Garmin support help documents to address this error. The Street Pilot series has the maps builtin and are only accessable through Mapsource.
        I had already copied the image to the root directory of the SD card with no help. However, I made a new directory called Garmin, moved the image to this directory, rebooted the Garmin and the Philippines maps were selectable under the map information.

I'm excited about being able to use this in the Philippines. I am relocating to Quezon City in January for a year or so. My son-in-law is building a hotel on an island off the Northern Coast of Davao and I expect to be able to contribute map data from this area.

Now, I would like to upload poi from Mapsource to the Garmin.

Does anyone have any suggestions in this area?

Comment

hi zp18zp18, to transfer your waypoints from mapsource to your garmin device, connect your garmin to your pc and open mapsource... next from the menu, select Transfer / Send To Device.. a window pops out and tick the box that says waypoints and that should do it... You can now see your waypoint on your garmin device... HTH

Originally posted by zp18zp18 View Post
          Now, I would like to upload poi from Mapsource to the Garmin.

Does anyone have any suggestions in this area?

Comment

Working...
          X