• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you vry much for this wohoooooo

Comment

Cannot upload basic Road Guide map to unit

Hi,

I installed Map Source Verson 6163 according to the orginal instructions "Solution 1". (No problem)

Ran the Road Guide 1.07 basic map exe. (No problem)

Opened Map Source, drop down menu "View" then "Switch to Product". Clicked Road Guide map and it opened up on Map Source. (No problem)

However, the Road Map Name file does not show up on the left column of Map Source and therefore cannot select to upload to my etrex 30.

Any step I missed, or what I need to perform to upload the basic map?

Thanks,
      Lach

Comment

Disregard last. It pays to read the the threads.

Reduced size of Road Map; selected all with mouse; showed up on left column; uploaded to unit.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
          first post modified to include workarounds.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....83&postcount=1
          To Mods and Comp Wizzes,

My MapSource acted up again so I had to uninstall and re-install by downloading Training Center, MapSource and the basic RG map. But when I ran all 3, the ff. happened:

1. Training Center displayed a file marked 7s41.tmp which contained several icons but it quickly closed. Is this normal?

2. MapSource pop-up said "Previous MapSource not found. Set up will terminate."

3. Basic map installed but I can't open it, probably bec of no. 2 above.

4. Tried downloading gmaputil but whenever I click on the link, a window appears saying the page cannot be found.

Would appreciate your help, guys. Thanks.

Comment

I've been able to download training center and mapsource but when I launch mapsource I get a message: there is a problem with the OSM_Ph_countour installation, please reinstall OSM_PH_contour then launch mapsource again. The problem is I can't locate OSM file. Is there anyway to reinstall mapsource correctly? I've try uninstalling mapsource and training center then reinstalling it again but to no avail. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by jdforonda@yahoo.com View Post
              I've been able to download training center and mapsource but when I launch mapsource I get a message: there is a problem with the OSM_Ph_countour installation, please reinstall OSM_PH_contour then launch mapsource again. The problem is I can't locate OSM file. Is there anyway to reinstall mapsource correctly? I've try uninstalling mapsource and training center then reinstalling it again but to no avail. Help!
              The problem is not on your mapsource but the OSM_PH contour that you downloaded from Maning Esambale site. Download the contour map again and reinstall. This is a big file so you must have a fast internet connection to do this. Other option is go to Program Files > OSM_PH_Contour and click uninstall.
              d1754
              "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
              those who accept it avoid the snares of death
              . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Thanks for these guide it really help a lot

Comment

@legtu

I followed all the steps below but when I tried renaming the file extension from exe to zip, a pop-up message said, "If you change a file name extension, the file may become unusable". I did it anyway and when I tried opening, a new pop-up said "The Compressed (zip) Folder is invalid or corrupted."

Would appreciate some help. I haven't been able to download the latest map vers. or upload updates for the past few weeks.

Thanks!

Originally posted by legtu View Post
                  here's a trick on how to install mapsource without needing to install training center.

-rename the file extension of the mapsource installer from exe to zip (or 7z)

** for those who are having a hard time changing the file extension, do this steps
                  1) run windows explorer (or open my computer) and navigate to the folder where the mapsource installer is located
                  *for vista or newer OS' (win7, etc.)
                  2.a) click on organize->folder and search options, click on the view tab
                  *for winxp
                  2.b) click on tools->folder options, click on the view tab
                  3) under advanced settings, look for 'hide extensions for know file types' and un-select that option then press ok

-open the mapsource installer zip (or 7z) file and extract everything to a temporary subdirectory
                  -find main.msi or msmain.msi and run/double-click on it
                  -once it has finished installing, check if mapsource runs properly
                  -if mapsource doesn't run properly, look for setup.exe and run it
                  -let it finish the installation and you should have a fully functional mapsource

Comment

Originally posted by Amphib1 View Post
                    @legtu

I followed all the steps below but when I tried renaming the file extension from exe to zip, a pop-up message said, "If you change a file name extension, the file may become unusable". I did it anyway and when I tried opening, a new pop-up said "The Compressed (zip) Folder is invalid or corrupted."

Would appreciate some help. I haven't been able to download the latest map vers. or upload updates for the past few weeks.

Thanks!
                    this could be of help
                    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

@Amphib1

may i know which archiver app are you using? it's also possible that your mapsource installer is corrupted, maybe you could try d/l'ing it again.

did you try d/l'ing gmaputil again? i just tried it now and the d/l link works just fine.
                      got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Downloaded mapsource and standard map but cannot find it in my computer. I tried downloads and programs, anyone please help.

Comment

Originally posted by karina View Post
                          Downloaded mapsource and standard map but cannot find it in my computer. I tried downloads and programs, anyone please help.
                          same thing happened with mine but i was able to fix it though...download the training center first and install it, open it after installing.after that, install the mapsource 6.13 then click the executable file of the map and then open the mapsource

Comment

mapsource

Downloaded the training center and mapsource but cant run the mapsource my computer says cannot find previous map. How do I do this? please help

Comment

hi, I did it but it does not work it is looking for previous map

Comment

Originally posted by karina View Post
                                hi, I did it but it does not work it is looking for previous map

Did you run/install the training center first?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
                                How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Working...
                                X