This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aquaman211

I just bought a nuvi 50 from states, is bit possible to install a philippine map in it? or are there shops thatcan install it for me? I'ved tried the instructions by Garmin TC and manual but cant seem to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by artcb View Post
      I just bought a nuvi 50 from states, is bit possible to install a philippine map in it? or are there shops thatcan install it for me? I'ved tried the instructions by Garmin TC and manual but cant seem to get it.
      yes. read this link that contains the faq's that will help you with the process.
      http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

Comment

excellent directions!!!

Comment

quick question - i've just reinstalled my machine (and currently on Win7-64bit), so i sort of have to setup everything again to be able to contribute. i know i haven't tried these steps yet, but are there any special "instructions" i need to do for Win7?

Comment

I am using Win7 on my laptop, but 32bit, I did not have to do anything special. I did go with the regular setup which is to install the gstart, etc.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by chris2x View Post
              quick question - i've just reinstalled my machine (and currently on Win7-64bit), so i sort of have to setup everything again to be able to contribute. i know i haven't tried these steps yet, but are there any special "instructions" i need to do for Win7?
              win 7 64-bit. same process. no problem encountered.

Comment

Lae & Port Moresby Papua New Guinea - Mapsource

Hi Gurus,

I do not know if I am on the right thread to post my intentions to get a map of Papua New Guinea to be specific in Lae on my GPS. I am a newbie here I hope somebody could help me to upload or give a link on where can I get a map of the said country because I will be coming back in Papua New Guinea on the 5th of August and bringing my GPS.

Respectfully yours,

dsvisper

Comment

Nope sorry completely wrong place to ask. You may try to post the same question here:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

However RG does not make map for any other country except the Philippines. But try to post in the correct topic/thread and maybe someone can reply to your inquiry. Otherwise better to go to Garmin website and check if you can buy one from them.

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

Instalation on windows 7

Hello,

Just wondering if the software will install and work under Win 7. Most software that I have encountered for Win XP has some difficulty working under win 7 no matter what you try to do to fix it. Personally I hate Win 7 but can't find a place to buy a legit copy of Win XP 64 bit.

Thinking of setting up a dual boot with Win XP 32 bit and Win 7. I tried VM but then the screen is to small for my bad eyes. LOL

TTYL,

ED

Comment

@xerxes
                      mapsource works fine in win7. if you do encounter some problems on installation, try the workarounds (as posted by jan on the first post of this thread).

re: vm
                      i'm not sure why screen size would be a problem since the vm itself can be run in full screen and you can set it to whatever size you want just like your host system.
                      got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Hi, I am trying to follow the procedure but I got stuck when I installed the mapsource. I got an error that says "Previous MapSource not found. Setup will terminate". Appreciate any help.

Comment

@joelb
                          please re-read the very first post of this thread and try the workarounds (solution 1 and 2) for mapsource.

Comment

Roadguide installation error

Hi sir. Bakit eto po lumalabas pag ni run ko yung roadguide map:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Garmin\MapSource\Famil ies\philrout]
                            "ID"=hex:78,02

"IDX"="C:\\jklinc\\philrout.mdx"
                            "MDR"="C:\\jklinc\\philrout_mdr.img"
                            "TYP"="C:\\jklinc\\10278.typ"
                            [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Garmin\MapSource\Famil ies\philrout\1]
                            "LOC"="C:\\jklinc\\"
                            "BMAP"="C:\\jklinc\\philrout.img"
                            "TDB"="C:\\jklinc\\philrout.tdb"

Comment

@ocampoedicer
                              using windows explorer, try going to c\jklinc and right-click on PhilRout.reg and select merge. you need to have admin rights.

Comment

New Maps?

Sirs: Last year I posted several places outside Bagio and never received an up date. I had a stroke in the first part of December and haven't done anything since then. Now I am beginning to use my GPS devices again and would like to get the most current maps. What should I do?

Comment

Working...
                                X