This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zp18zp18 View Post
    Sirs: Last year I posted several places outside Bagio and never received an up date. I had a stroke in the first part of December and haven't done anything since then. Now I am beginning to use my GPS devices again and would like to get the most current maps. What should I do?
    i cannot find your post. kindly upload again and then send a pm to the judge with the link to your upload.

Comment

Sir newbie here. Followed the procedure but when I tried to run the mapsource6137.exe it says "Previous Mapsource not found" . Please help!

Comment

hi guys already installed the training center and mapsource. but after i run the mapsource it cannot detect any maps? please help me. also im not using a garmin gps. i dont know what brand or make it is. but its running windows ce so i tried the garmin mobile xt
        Last edited by nero29; 09-22-2012, 10:00. Reason: new problem

Comment

Originally posted by Navig8 View Post
          Sir newbie here. Followed the procedure but when I tried to run the mapsource6137.exe it says "Previous Mapsource not found" . Please help!
          hello sir, just follow the procedure in this post / solution of Sir Legtu, and surely it will work... HTH....http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....9&postcount=20

Comment

Successfully installed the mapsource last night thanks guys! My Next step is to be a contributor!

Comment

i've managed to get Mapsource working and also seeing the STANDARD MAP. i've downloaded the DEMO MAP but cannot select it - wanted to check what contributions are already there as i see some errors in my home city of Baguio. how can i select the DEMO MAP in Mapsource? btw, my Mapsource is 6.13.7.

if 6.13.7 is working, can i install 6.15.7 over it? what's the difference? thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by jakbkk View Post
                i've managed to get Mapsource working and also seeing the STANDARD MAP. i've downloaded the DEMO MAP but cannot select it - wanted to check what contributions are already there as i see some errors in my home city of Baguio. how can i select the DEMO MAP in Mapsource? btw, my Mapsource is 6.13.7.

if 6.13.7 is working, can i install 6.15.7 over it? what's the difference? thanks in advance.
                i got the DEMO MAP working. had to turn off the security software on my notebook before the registry settings would be updated and now i can see the 2 maps on mapsource.

however, my other question regarding 6.13.7 VS 6.15.7 still stands? can anybody let me know the difference? thanks.

Comment

My suggestion is that as 6.13.7 is working now, use it first. I have used it for a very long time without a problem, I don't even remember why I had to upgrade, probably curiosity only.

Used to be a problem if you accidentally updated mapsource over the compatible one with RG map, but this has been completely solved and you can even use the latest mapsource you can download and installed. That said, just use what is working now, there is not much difference in my opinion.

If you insist on knowing the difference, please check the mapsource topic in RG and hopefully someone might have posted the data somewhere there, but it is really moot.

Lastly, if you were successful in install 6.13.7 you can probably install 6.15 or 6.16 easily already.

Good luck! Hope this helps.

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

Training Center can't find device

Hi RoadGuide Team!

Wanna help the GPS team here in the PH. I just purchased a 2455LM Garmin and was trying to insall the PI map but somehow I can't find a work around a problem.

I've installed everything from TC, Mapsource, etc. but somehow TC can't seem to detect my device as a message appears that no devices were found.

"No devices were found. PLease make sure your device is connected to the computer and turned on, then try again.
                    You may also need to set the interface option on your GPS to 'Garmin' or 'Host'."

I tried everything from device manager etc. what's weird is the webupdater can detect my device, no problem at all.

Can someone please help me or point me out to the right thread if this has been discussed already. Thanks!

Comment

New Mapsource Version 6.15.11.0

Anyone try the new version yet? Is it compatable with Version 2?

Rocky

Comment

the latest (and last, afaik) version of mapSource is 6.16.3.

works fine with the v2.x of the rg map.
                        got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

hi, i have trouble installing MapSource_6137, there's an error "previous map source not found", i don't have the previous map source please help...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by rgshrek; 11-20-2012, 14:58.

Comment

Originally posted by rgshrek View Post
                            hi, i have trouble installing MapSource_6137, there's an error "previous map source not found", i don't have the previous map source please help...
                            Yuo are installing upgrade version. Search this forum. AFAIK there is a post here wherin you can get Mapsource installer that do not need training center.
                            d1754
                            "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
                            those who accept it avoid the snares of death
                            . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

for the nth time, re: "previous mapsource not found" error

Originally posted by legtu View Post
                              please re-read the very first post of this thread and try the workarounds (solution 1 and 2) for mapsource.
                              Last edited by legtu; 11-20-2012, 17:56.
                              got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Mapsource "can't find the device"

I have just received my Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT from the US and was able to install Mapsource 6.13.7 but everytime i tried to Transfer to Device the Philippine map, Mapsource can't find my device though i can view it under the Windows Explorer. Please help....:-(

Comment

Working...
                                X