This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uriel9799 View Post
    I have just received my Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT from the US and was able to install Mapsource 6.13.7 but everytime i tried to Transfer to Device the Philippine map, Mapsource can't find my device though i can view it under the Windows Explorer. Please help....:-(
    Try inserting the SD card directly to your computer.
    d1754
    "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
    those who accept it avoid the snares of death
    . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
      Try inserting the SD card directly to your computer.
      Thank you so much for your quick reply which is a great help because I now have the map in my GPS.

Comment

Mapsoure for Mac

Quick question, a colleague would like to install Mapsource on a Mac?
        She recently got a Garmin 3790. Can you point us in the right direction.
        Thanks.
        Last edited by rosanro1; 02-11-2013, 17:37.

Comment

@rosanro1
          use basecamp for mac.
          got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Website is unavailable or dead link

Cannot download jklinc roadguide 1.07 basic map anymore. Website is unavailable. Please help

Comment

hey , im just new here and I dont know how/where thread to start. Its just my first time dealing with gps. I got a china made car stereo with gps installed route66. As to my knowledge route66 is an OS for gps, am i right?. As I open it Philippines is not available. Could I find and install a philippine map from this forum? I am not sure if this forum is promoting other gps software than route66 or what, really no idea. But if that so, and possible to my car route66 gps be replaced with your OS this forum promotes, then I will. I also willing to share an update for our gps map I could give in the future once I learned it. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Karantahan View Post
                hey , im just new here and I dont know how/where thread to start. Its just my first time dealing with gps. I got a china made car stereo with gps installed route66. As to my knowledge route66 is an OS for gps, am i right?. As I open it Philippines is not available. Could I find and install a philippine map from this forum? I am not sure if this forum is promoting other gps software than route66 or what, really no idea. But if that so, and possible to my car route66 gps be replaced with your OS this forum promotes, then I will. I also willing to share an update for our gps map I could give in the future once I learned it. Thank you.
                sorry mate. we don't have a map for route66.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  Download training center HERE
                  Run it.

Download mapsource upgrade version 6.13.7 HERE or version 6.15.7 HERE
                  Run it.

If you want to install the roadguide.ph free map, you can download it HERE

Having trouble installing Mapsource? Try these workarounds courtesy of legtu.

Solution 1

Solution 2
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone encountered a problem when installing Training Center? I tried to see if my device can be seen (Garmin Nuvi50) by adding the device. But it says it cannot be seen? The software was installed successfully.

I haven't installed yet other apps listed here. I just wanted to check if my device can be seen by Training Center. I am using Windows Vista.

Comment

I've successfully transferred the map to my garmin nuvi 760 gps device but whenever I try to use it, it doesn't acquire any signal. Did I do something wrong? I followed the steps carefully.

Comment

My understanding is even without the RG map or others, your gps should still get a signal unless its hardware is defective or not updated etc.... Usually the gps is preloaded with base map. Try to go outside and locate satellite, wait for few minutes as it takes time specially if the unit was travelled from far locations

Comment

Originally posted by flightless View Post
                        I've successfully transferred the map to my garmin nuvi 760 gps device but whenever I try to use it, it doesn't acquire any signal. Did I do something wrong? I followed the steps carefully.
                        Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
                        My understanding is even without the RG map or others, your gps should still get a signal unless its hardware is defective or not updated etc.... Usually the gps is preloaded with base map. Try to go outside and locate satellite, wait for few minutes as it takes time specially if the unit was travelled from far locations
                        and to add to jim's explanation, the first time it can take upto 20-30 minutes. so make sure your unit has a decnt view of the sky
                        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Garmin nuvi 40

Hi. Just got a Nuvi 40. I'm currently downloading the Training Center, MapSource and OSM Philippines. Does the steps in installing the PHL Map also apply for my Nuvi 40?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ercantos View Post
                            Hi. Just got a Nuvi 40. I'm currently downloading the Training Center, MapSource and OSM Philippines. Does the steps in installing the PHL Map also apply for my Nuvi 40?

Thanks

Yes

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
                            How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

How to contribute and update map.

Hi, I am new and had successfully done as you instructed. I had also added waypoints and I'm ready to contribute. How can I do that?
                              John

Comment

Originally posted by Bugze View Post
                                Hi, I am new and had successfully done as you instructed. I had also added waypoints and I'm ready to contribute. How can I do that?
                                John
                                faq

Comment

Working...
                                X