This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdforonda@yahoo.com View Post
    Hi, I bought a Garmin Nuvi 205W in Singapore. It came with free US, Singapore and Malaysia maps. I sucessfully installed Garmin Mapsource as intructed by your chat thread. The problem is, it installed the free Philippines map but erased the Singapore and Malaysia maps. is here anyway I can reload those? Please help!
    www.malsingmaps.com
    www.malfreemaps.com
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
      its easy download these files, save first then run in order:
      training center
      mapsource 6.13.7
      jklinc roadguide 1.07 basic map
      open mapsource, select map tiles using map tool, send to gps unit.
      roadguide map (the best PI map available) is not for sale. if you still have prob, post it.
      I did the abovementioned instructions and I was able to load the map but my GPS cannot unlock it.

Need your advise. Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi, where can I get updated gmapsupp.img file? Thanks In Advance.

Comment

Originally posted by guerrea View Post
          I did the abovementioned instructions and I was able to load the map but my GPS cannot unlock it.

Need your advise. Thanks in advance
          v1.07 standard map is not locked so no need to unlock

Originally posted by octaver View Post

for starters, best read this: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by octaver View Post
            not available. you have to transfer free map thru mapsource.
            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Deleting waypoints

Hi Gurus,
              When I contribute waypoints, I tag them as I drive.. then when I get to my laptop, I "receive from device" to the mapsource. Then I edit, etc.. then I have to unplug my Garmin for me to delete the favorites.. then i plug it back in to "send to device"...

Is there any way to clean the favorites via mapsource or windows explorer without unplugging Garmin? I tried cleaning the GPX folder but when I unplug and check Garmin, they are still there..

Thanks!

Comment

garmin nuvi

sir na download kona successfully lahat...ang next na tanong ko pano ko siya magagamit....nasa UK pa ako ngayon...pag uwi ko ng pinas gagana napo ba siya?....click ko nalang ba yong were am i ? na icon don sa garmin ko at everything will follow?...im trying to locate pinas here sa garmin while im here in uk naabot naman..kaso hindi details...thanks po ulit..

Comment

Originally posted by DeSt@R View Post
                  sir na download kona successfully lahat...ang next na tanong ko pano ko siya magagamit....nasa UK pa ako ngayon...pag uwi ko ng pinas gagana napo ba siya?....click ko nalang ba yong were am i ? na icon don sa garmin ko at everything will follow?...im trying to locate pinas here sa garmin while im here in uk naabot naman..kaso hindi details...thanks po ulit..
                  hi.
                  next time, pls post in english as we have many foreign members.
                  for your problem, pls read FAQ for newbies, link below in red.
                  welcome to roadguide.
                  FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

save route

hi guys,
                    another question... ive been using another route to and fro office... however, everytime i use garmin, it will take me to another route. is there a way to save route in garmin such that it will now use the daily route i take?

Comment

That's strange and shouldn't happen.
                      You mean to say that the pnd calculates differently each day?

I don't know whether your unit can save routes.
                      If it does the easiest thing to do is to setup a route with via points and save it.

Comment

intelligent rerouting

sorry, another question here...
                        I came from Katipunan and on my way back to Sucat I encountered a heavy traffic via SLEX and one option is for me to take the East Service Road going to Fort Bonifacio exit. I have 2 options : 1) go back via Edsa or 2) go back via Villamor near NAIA3. I know Edsa will be heavy as well considering it was friday so I like to take Villamor/Fort Bonifacio route. Using garmin simulator mode, it will always take me to Edsa. So what I did is to program my destination to a known destination like NAIA3, then using the simulator garmin will now take me via Fort Bonifacio in Market Market which is the route I wanted.

If there would have been options of routes like via C5? via Edsa? via Fort B? then I would have taken via Fort B immediately..

Any light on this common concern? Thanks a lot po!

Comment

Hi Jan,
                          No it will not give different routes each day. It has a predetermined route which I dont use. I have another and better route each day. What I wish is for Garmin (1200) to take me to the better route I take.

I know what you mean in saving via points, but is there a way i can save these via points such that i just one click "office" from my home? and it goes/follows the saved via points?

Comment

If your unit supports importing and saving routes from mapsource yes.
                            Create the route in mapsourvce with via points and send to your device.
                            Then where to / routes / your saved route.

Check your manual if that's possible.

Comment

Where can I download the Philippine map for my garmin?

Hello, please help me. ive been logging in this site for several days now, i dont know where to go or how to download the map. My Garmin nuvi205w is in the closet for as month now, no use! Please help! email me or chat with me thru YM, kent_sison@yahoo.com or gtalk kentsison@gmail.com. I hope you can help me? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by kent_sison View Post
                                Hello, please help me. ive been logging in this site for several days now, i dont know where to go or how to download the map. My Garmin nuvi205w is in the closet for as month now, no use! Please help! email me or chat with me thru YM, kent_sison@yahoo.com or gtalk kentsison@gmail.com. I hope you can help me? Thank you!
                                http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2348

Comment

Working...
                                X