X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doki View Post
    hi. see pic attached.
    go to map tab (red circle)
    zoom out to view the entire philippine map (orange cirle on left)
    use the map tool (orange cicle - right) and "left-click and drag" to highlight the entire philippine map then proceed with "transfer to device" and click the "maps" box (if not automatically selected).
    enjoy the map.
    but i'm sure you'll enjoy it more if you get contributor's map.

many thanks to sir doki my gps is working now. i hope that i can contribute soon. thanks again doki.

Comment

what are the steps?

hi my name is mond and im planning a trip to baguio to sagada and i bought a garmin navi 255w and i dont want to spent a coin to buy a garmin map so i download the things that needed to download t he mapsource_6137.exe jklinc_roudguide.ph.exe and training center_353.exe my question is how do i put it on my garmin what are the steps? pls answer ASAP tnx

Comment

Originally posted by monski45 View Post
        hi my name is mond and im planning a trip to baguio to sagada and i bought a garmin navi 255w and i dont want to spent a coin to buy a garmin map so i download the things that needed to download t he mapsource_6137.exe jklinc_roudguide.ph.exe and training center_353.exe my question is how do i put it on my garmin what are the steps? pls answer ASAP tnx

use maptool on your mapsource to select the mapset and transfer to your nuvi
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

New Roadguide map versions are not avail to convert.

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
          Any updates? Anyways, after you've successfully installed Mapsource in your PC, follow these steps so you'll have a MAC compatible Roadguide map:

1. Download and install MapConverter for Windows software version 2.1.1 on your Windows PC. Mapconvert will convert the Roadguide Mapsource map so that it will be compatible with MAC. Run Mapconvert to convert Roadguide Mapsource map.

2. Install RoadTrip for Mac software version 2.0.2 and MapInstall and MapManager for the Mac software version 2.1.5 in your MAC. Copy the converted Roadguide map to your MAC then install to Roadtrip using MapManager.

3. Check out Roadtrip and MapManager for the PDF help file so you'll learn the basics of using both software. You can also search the net for "How to's" in using Roadtrip.

... HTH

Have a problem getting the new maps in my Macbook Pro Garmin Road Trip.
          When I run the Map COnverter on the PC only the Phil Routable MAP 5.17 is seen as unlocked.

The later Roadquide Maps are seen as locked although they are already unlocked in Mapsource and successfully moved to device.

Map COnverter sees only the old Phil Routable 5.17 as unlocked .
          Any help would be greatly appreciated

Now I cant move the latest map to my Macbook.

Thanks in Advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            1. If I install the Philippine map on my Nuvi 255W, will my US map be erased? Or will both maps be accessible in the Nuvi?

-Depends. If its called gbmap or similar it won't be overwritten. As an alternative u could back the us map up on your pc.

2. As an alternative, can I not install the Philippine map on an SD card? If so, how would I be able to do it?

- put sd card in pc(or gps). Start mapsource. Send map to sd card.

3. If it is possible to have both the US map and the Philippine map in the Garmin, is it advisable to keep both in the unit? Or is it better to keep the Philippine map in the SD card?

- doesn't really matter.
            Hi Jan,

Just some kind of confusing regarding if you installed a Philippine map and a US map or any country map in the unit, why is it that it will erase the other map previously installed when in fact when you select "where to" icon it will asked you the country and city, etc. Is there anyway to rename each map so you can independently select the country? Coz it's kind of hassle to upload and then download again the country map when you wan to use it.

Comment

Mapsouce Question

Hi to all,
              new here ,i have downloaded training centre mapsource and standard map no problem.
              A question, in mapsource when you highlight section of map to be included in transfer to my Nuvi1350 ,
              and it shows in the mapsource box,
              if i delete it from there ,will it also delete the map from my Gps ?if it was already loaded?

Hope that makes sense,

Cheers

Ps once i get all this figured out i hope to be able to contribute!

Comment

Originally posted by stringer View Post
                Hi to all,
                new here ,i have downloaded training centre mapsource and standard map no problem.
                A question, in mapsource when you highlight section of map to be included in transfer to my Nuvi1350 ,
                and it shows in the mapsource box,
                if i delete it from there ,will it also delete the map from my Gps ?if it was already loaded?

Hope that makes sense,

Cheers

Ps once i get all this figured out i hope to be able to contribute!
                nope. it should only remove the highlights in mapsource. map in gps is not affected.

Comment

Thanks Pokz,

Cheers

Comment

Hello guys, hop all is well. Everything is downloaded and perfectly installed. However, when I click send to device, it's asking for the device I have. I'm planning to use it a GPS DVD radio bought from Hong Kong. It needs an SD card. Do you guys know how to do the trick? The link below is the same unit that I'm using. Seller claims that he's using a Garmin GPS software, I assume it is saved in the SD card. Thanks in advance and more power to this crew.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...rear+cam%2Cdvd

Comment

Originally posted by t0pz View Post
                      Hello guys, hop all is well. Everything is downloaded and perfectly installed. However, when I click send to device, it's asking for the device I have. I'm planning to use it a GPS DVD radio bought from Hong Kong. It needs an SD card. Do you guys know how to do the trick? The link below is the same unit that I'm using. Seller claims that he's using a Garmin GPS software, I assume it is saved in the SD card. Thanks in advance and more power to this crew.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...rear+cam%2Cdvd
                      Hello guys, done thank you for Reiji0463's newbies thread. very helpful. Thanks again!

Comment

Nothing happens after Maptool

Hi... just got a new Nuvi 1300 and I'm trying to install the maps.
                        1. i've successfully installed the training center
                        2. i've successfully installed Mapsource
                        3. i've successfully entered into the registry the roadmap data
                        I'm running mapsource now, selected the maptool and highlighted the Philippines. Nothing happens afterwards, there is no change in color to indicate that I can transfer the data to the GPS unit.
                        I'm using VMware Fusion running Windows XP on my Mac Unit, in case that information helps...
                        Pat

Comment

gmapsupp

hi, i have gmapsupp in my garmin. its an old version. i tried putting the new roadguide.ph. do i have to delete the gmapsupp in my garmin? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrisia View Post
                            hi, i have gmapsupp in my garmin. its an old version. i tried putting the new roadguide.ph. do i have to delete the gmapsupp in my garmin? thanks.
                            Yes delete then upload latest basic map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickP View Post
                              I'm running mapsource now, selected the maptool and highlighted the Philippines. Nothing happens afterwards, there is no change in color to indicate that I can transfer the data to the GPS unit.
                              Only the basic map v1.07 can be loaded.

The demo map v1.24 can't be normally loaded.
                              Last edited by gtv; 04-14-2011, 16:35. Reason: typo

Comment

Mapsource Problem

I cant seem to see any map when i open mapsource even if i have already successfully installed the standard free map.

It says the jklinc map was already added to the registry but when i open mapsource there are no maps loaded. Pls help

Comment

Working...
                                X