MapSource version 6.15.3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MapSource version 6.15.3.0

Has anyone updated their mapsource 6.15.3.0?

im still having hard time downgrading

my 6.14.1 to 6.13.7

after i applied my bluechart my details kinda messed up with 6.14.1

but when i check my laptop using 6.11 its better view over there

well i updated to 6.15.3 now so far so good my bluechart is working now compare to the old 6.14.1

its much faster now i think.. anyone here upgraded it already? i notice i got 2 version now? my old 6.11.6 and this latest
    Last edited by boybakal; 01-22-2009, 09:50.

Comment

Also, Vista or XP?

Originally posted by boybakal View Post
      well i updated to 6.15.3 now so far so good my bluechart is working now compare to the old 6.14.1

its much faster now i think.. anyone here upgraded it already? i notice i got 2 version now? my old 6.11.6 and this latest
      [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]GPS - Greatest invention since sliced bread![/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

im using vista.. the 6.14.1 is really slow and details there doesn't show at view of 300-700m from sea level.. unlike at this version where 15km from sea level details are still there...

Comment

it's still slow as compared to 6.13.x; i haven't tested with the BlueCharts however.
          Semper Fi

Comment

Im on 6.5 but it came with mine purcased in the states with City Navigator USA MAPS VERSION 7.0

wondering what up with your 6.1x versions. Must be because of the free download from the Garmin Labs site?

But none the less the 6.5 works fine with the PHRoadguide maps. Now it just a matter of putting more data in the maps.
            [COLOR="Red"][B]GRAND OPENING![/B][/COLOR] [B]The home of long distance riding in the Philippines. Shown in April/May issue of Mo2rista Magazine. [URL="http://www.ridenseekrally.com"]Click here to visit: [COLOR="DarkOrange"]www.ridenseekrally.com[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Comment

Confirmed with mine. I upgraded to 6.15.3 running on XP Pro. No problems so far and looks better too. I did not really notice any slowness. I did a hard reset on my Nuvi and reloaded maps and POI without problems. I also have the latest firmware so that may help?

Its just a matter of the software reading the same map so I don't know how the "improved" code would make it slower. But that's just my experience and I can't speak for everyone else.

Next I'll test Vista Business edition...
              [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]GPS - Greatest invention since sliced bread![/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Impressed with 6.15.3

I was very impressed. I noticed the road types were CLEARLY visible.

Heres a screen shot of 6.15.3 in Batangus using 1.03B.

Also here are the latest changes.

Change History
                Changes made from version 6.14.1 to 6.15.3:

* Fixed an issue where blank map tiles are left on the screen.
                * Fixed an issue with redrawing the map after a detail level change.
                * Enhanced the drawing of roads to better distinguish primary from secondary roads.
                * Added the ability to adjust symbol size of icons.
                * Fixed the display of spot soundings in Marine maps.
                * Fixed an issue with areas getting highlighted inadvertently.
                * Fixed 'Move Waypoint', 'Insert Route Section', and 'Extend Route' capabilities from right-click context menus.
                * Fixed an issue with water regions getting clipped.
                * Limited 'Nearest Features' to only displayed maps.
                * Fixed overlapping copyright information for certain maps.
                * Fixed the display of certain Marine icons in the 'Find Nearest Places' dialog.
                * Fixed an issue with improper amenities getting displayed for 'Exit Properties'
                * Modified the color used for bathymetric lines.
                * Enhanced the look of dashed and dotted lines.
                * Enhanced sizes of certain labels.
                * Enhanced the look of road shield icons.
                * Fixed an issue when using certain find operations.
                * Fixed an issue where changing the font would result in no labels being displayed.
                * Fixed an issue with using the Roads & Rec 2.1 Hawaii and Alaska product

I did find the line quality much nicer.
                [COLOR="Red"][B]GRAND OPENING![/B][/COLOR] [B]The home of long distance riding in the Philippines. Shown in April/May issue of Mo2rista Magazine. [URL="http://www.ridenseekrally.com"]Click here to visit: [COLOR="DarkOrange"]www.ridenseekrally.com[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Comment

Whats a Bluechart?

Originally posted by boybakal View Post
                  after i applied my bluechart my details kinda messed up with 6.14.1
                  Whats a Blue chart?

Comment

Originally posted by ironbuttpinoy View Post
                    Whats a Blue chart?
                    From Garmin's site..."Whether you're exploring new coastline or cruising your favorite bay, BlueChart Pacific contains the most detailed marine cartography around. These electronic nautical maps give you peace of mind when navigating offshore." http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/m...artPacific.jsp

Comment

Thanks Borgie. I guess thats not needed on my end then. So I can use the newer version of mapsource.

Comment

Mapsource 6.15.3

I was installing City guide Europe NT 2009 and the damn thing upgraded mapsource to 6.14.1 which was, as warned, painstakingly slow
                        However after upgrading to 6.15.3 it seams to be refreshing/responding just as quick as the 6.13.7 was? I'll try this for a while and keep it unless I expirience any problems? If no problems or speed issues, I won't bother the "hazzle" going back to the 6.13.7.

Good luck to me
                        Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Please let us know how the v6.15.3 upgrade performs. If no issues with it like the v6.14.1 might as well give it a try...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                            Please let us know how the v6.15.3 upgrade performs. If no issues with it like the v6.14.1 might as well give it a try...
                            So far so good :-) to me it seems to work just as good as the 6.13.7, and with "better" graphic?
                            Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

version 6.15.3 works perfectly good with me.been using it since early january and so far havent experience cons issues yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X