Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prob uploading Mapsource - Philrout?

Hi,

Am having problems uploading Mapsource. I first upload the training software. When I upload Mapsource and try to run it, it says Problem with the Philrout Installation. Reinstall Philrout and start Mapsource again.

I have unistalled and reinstalled, but to no success.

thanks in advance
    Don

Disregard. I found the problem.

Found the problem

Comment

What was the problem?

So what was the problem? How did you solve it? Thanks in advance.

Comment

how did you solve it?

Yeah me too, was having that same error when i was trying out mapsource ver 6.157.... how did you do it? thanks in advance

Comment

same here, i always have problem when installing the contributor demo map. pls help.

Comment

install standard map, that should fix that problem
            How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

i was trying to upgrade my mapsource and now i'm also experiencing this same "problem with philrout installation", how did you guys fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by cydepx44 View Post
                i was trying to upgrade my mapsource and now i'm also experiencing this same "problem with philrout installation", how did you guys fix it?

try reverting back to mapsource 6.15.7 and below. that is if youre using the higher version

BTW, are you using kaperski antivirus?
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

thanks for the reply hbt unfortunately, it is the 6.15 that i upgraded to when the error popped up. also, i'm just using avira

Comment

thanks for the reply hbt unfortunately, it is the 6.15 that i upgraded to when the error popped up. also, i'm just using avira

try to disable antivirus and DL again the standars map
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

Comment

ok i'll do that. pardon the ignorance hbt, but when you say "standard map" is it the same as the mapsource?

Comment

ok i'll do that. pardon the ignorance hbt, but when you say "standard map" is it the same as the mapsource?

best read this: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1006 and this: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526
                        - Bruce Lee

Comment

well, guess what? i just managed to "f" up my perfectly working old mapsource trying to get around that "philrout" thing. i've been installing/uninstalling for half a day already. the downloaded mapsource 6163 from garmin website seems to work but now i can't unlock the maps. as for mapsource 6137 and 6157 from rgp, it gives me the "philrout" error.

i know i've been a lazy bum with all those unedited poi's just taking space in my drive, so if it's the reason why i can't use my mapsource, can someone please tell me so?

Comment

well, guess what? i just managed to "f" up my perfectly working old mapsource trying to get around that "philrout" thing. i've been installing/uninstalling for half a day already. the downloaded mapsource 6163 from garmin website seems to work but now i can't unlock the maps. as for mapsource 6137 and 6157 from rgp, it gives me the "philrout" error.

i know i've been a lazy bum with all those unedited poi's just taking space in my drive, so if it's the reason why i can't use my mapsource, can someone please tell me so?
                            no those poi's have nothing to do with it.
                            i think its due to your attempt to update mapsource version.
                            i suggest to do the following:
                            1. uninstall mapsource
                            2. delete jklinc folder
                            3. install training center
                            4. install mapsource 6137 or 6157
                            5. install jklinc
                            6. install contributors map.
                            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

mapsource=software to view map
                              standard map=free map from roadguide but older than contributors map
                              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                              X