Will MAPSOURCE work on ANDROID 3.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will MAPSOURCE work on ANDROID 3.0?

It would be a DREAM for me if MAPSOURCE would run on an ANDROID TABLET! Anyone know if this works? If it does I will immediately buy one of those TABLET THINGEES!!! Do tell if you have tried this pls! Thanks!
    http://davao-uas.com/

Hi Tjader! When we met in Davao, I told you how impressed I was with Achim's Garmin and that I ordered one when we were at the talyer. The next day after my gruelling ride, I had to move my aching body in order to get my order - a Nuvi 1460. Since then, I joined the Roadguide Phils EB and met up with these fine fellas. That was when I told them that Achim's Davao map was very well detailed and we never lost our way around - actually during our whole ride from Bicol to Leyte to Davao and back. Good job in contributing, Davao GPSsers! It was truly a thankless service to us, but thank you from me!

Now to figure out how to download mapsource to check if my weekend plotting to Western Batangas can be of any help.....

Sorry boss hbt for the off topic.
    Last edited by stir; 01-19-2011, 07:20.

Comment

Originally posted by stir View Post
      That was when I told them that Achim's Davao map was very well detailed and we never lost our way around - actually during our whole ride from Bicol to Leyte to Davao and back. Good job in contributing, Davao GPSsers! It was truly a thankless service to us, but thank you from me!
      a lot of thanks should go to kuya docsamcruz

but....this is an androids thread kuya stir, so hahaha
      Last edited by hbt; 01-18-2011, 17:20.
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Tj, I am just offering some observations, I hope I am incorrect here.

Garmin has written mapsource specifically for Windows only. Even Mac users need to use bootcamp or maybe a windows emulator to use mapsource.

I imagine if andriod OS has a windows emulator, maybe it might get mapsource working. On the other hand, I unfortunately foresee some other walls, like Garmin Training center, even the exe file of the RG contributor's map, etc. So it is looking a bit iffy for Andriod and mapsource.

On the other hand, mapsource works flawlessly with any of the cheap netbooks now available, get one or get one second hand!

I know I did not help but hope this puts a bit of perspective.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Hi Arvin,

Good news and Bad news. The Garmin GPS program will/ or is running on Android. At the moment it looks like Asus will have an exclusive on Android Garmin Phones I am still very very new, but it seems that the the GPS program and Mapsource are 2 very different things. The GPS program is already running on iPhone, Palm, and Symbian. (iPhone will not work for RG map as they access maps over the internet.) You might be interested in this link to the Garmin Forum. https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=9534

PS I found other Android threads are in the Smartphones or PDA's forum.
          Last edited by Search; 01-27-2011, 13:20.

Comment

Working...
          X