help getting Roadguide Map on the Macbook Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help getting Roadguide Map on the Macbook Pro

I Have a problem getting the new maps in my Macbook Pro Garmin Road Trip.

When I run the Map COnverter on the PC only the Phil Routable MAP 5.17 is seen as unlocked.

The later Roadquide Maps are seen as locked although they are already unlocked in Mapsource and successfully moved to my mobile device.

Map Converter sees only the old Phil Routable 5.17 as unlocked .

Now I can't move the latest map to my Macbook.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks in Advance!

Toyger,

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, please clarify.

1. You ran mapsource using bootcamp and thus you were able to load your contributor's map onto your GPS receiver already correct? So your Garmin GPSR has the latest map? ie version 1.22 or maybe 1.21?

2. But you want the same map version 1.21 or 1.22 to be in your Mac Roadtrip software?

If both are correct, my non MAC expert opinion is:

1. You need to do all these on version 1.21 or 1.22:
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....12&postcount=1

So you need to download the necessary converters first, I imagine in bootcamp, but not too sure.

2. I am not sure if there is a problem with converting the contributor's map to Roadtrip compatible file, I was under the impression that there is, but please try. If you are not able to use the contri maps, then try to convert the demo maps instead for use on roadtrip, specially if your main purpose is to confirm if POIs, Streets and the likes are in fact not yet included in the latest map, for future contributions.

Good luck!

Disclaimer, I am not a Mac user.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

This unfortunately has been a problem for the newer releases of the contributor's map. Arvin is correct, just use the Demo map instead of the contributor's map. You can't however make a route using it so what you can do is install also the OSM and do the routing on it then switch to the Demo map.

Comment

Working...
      X