GPX file cannot be opened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPX file cannot be opened

Hi, I wonder if you guys ran into this problem. Am using a 1490T and I was able to log 1s tracks. Total file size reached 1.9mb. Problem is that Mapsource (Version 6.13.6) won't open it. It gives me the error message:

C:\Garmin\20110628_091456.gpx is not a valid MapSource file and could not be opened.

Any ideas on what is the problem? How to avoid it?

Sayang. This is the track from Dagupan to Manila.

Zip 'n upload. We'll fix it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

...or import it in gpsbabel and convert it straight to gdb or back to gpx before opening in mapsource.
      got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

files from hardright
        Attached Files
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Oh great! Kuyas, I hope you can fix this. It's 229kms worth of 1s tracks from Dagupan to Manila via Camiling. I will upload the waypoints and the Manila-Dagupan 1s tracks which was via Urdaneta.

On our way to Citibank Savings in Arellano street, Dagupan City, the San Roque dam people decided to release water. So that flooded the lower portion of Arellano. We took a detour and went through Lucao. A roundabout way to get to the branch. Anyway, half of Lucao road was also underwater. Had to counterflow to avoid. Water was about 3/4 wheel height (of a Toyota Vios).

Just in case you are in Dagupan, just be aware of the possibility of flooding due to this dam.

Comment

here's the fixed track.

the log was somehow truncated pre-maturely, hence the error.
            Attached Files
            got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Legtu, thanks much! I suspected that much as I compared a gpx that Mapsource could open and this one. The trailer portion of the files were different.

So, I would think that on a 1490T, before you power down, you need to stop the logging and then power down. I just shut the gps off when I got home. Sill me.

Comment

Couldn't sleep because my 1490 was registering corrupted gpx logs. Still trying to figure out the root cause.

Anyway, I managed to figure out how to fix corrupted gpx log files.

1. Download Topofusion Basic version
                2. Run Topofusion and load corrupted gpx file
                3. Click on File>Selected Files
                4. Save new gpx file
                5. Open Mapsource file and load saved file in step 4.

Problem solved! It opens in Mapsource!

Comment

Working...
                X