• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MapSource Version 6.15.6

You can dowlnload it here:
    http://www8.garmin.com/software/MapSource_6156.exe

Changes made from version 6.15.4 to 6.15.6:
    Fixed an issue with the file save dialog when the file extension field is hidden.
    Fixed an issue where MapSource would crash if the route avoidance dialog would be displayed twice.
    Fixed waypoint category filter issue. Now only waypoints of the selected category will be displayed.
    Fixed waypoint prefixes.
    Fixed an issue where MapSource would crash with certain address searches.
    Fixed memory leaks in the waypoint dialog and map rendering.
    Fixed an issue with saving gpx files when the file path contains Asian characters.
    Fixed some hotkey issues.
    Fixed an issue with searching for certain POIs.
    Fixed an issue with how unlock codes were stored that caused incompatibilities with applications like Training Center.
    Support Web Link Extensions in Brazilian Portuguese.
    Changed waypoint image size to follow the user selected symbol size.

Any comment ?
    Last edited by spider888; 06-08-2009, 11:19.

Yes, it crashes when saving to GPX. I had to revert back to 6.13.7.
    SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

Mapsource v 6.15.6

I've been using Mapsource v 6.15.6 for a while and has not expirienced any troubles at all. I've just returned to RP and has been using it to edit tracks, routes and waypoint which I'll post in a while. In addition to running the latest mapsource version, I took the bold risk of installing Windows 7 RC on my laptop .....and so far so good It's beautiful!

However I recall than Jan has said in another thread that the newer versions of mapsource doesn't display everything? Jan, could you please specify what exactly as I have not noticed anything so far?

Besides, I would extend my salute to Jan and all of you that has obviously been working hard with updates while I've been away, the map has improved greatly!

Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Originally posted by Suntzu View Post
        Yes, it crashes when saving to GPX. I had to revert back to 6.13.7.
        I'm not the only one :

Thanks for the message. We received word from the MapSource engineers
        that this will be fixed for the next MapSource version release. I'm not
        exactly sure when that will be, but I would check back here
        periodically:
        http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...ils.jsp?id=209

Thank you again for your interest in Garmin GPS.
        http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/

Best regards,
        Loy
        mailto:cartography@garmin.com

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...owtopic=222325
        SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

just updated with 6.15.6...
          [COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Garmin GPSmap 76CSx[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by neilgratuita View Post
            just updated with 6.15.6...
            You can have the best of both worlds... install both 6.13.7 and 6.15.6 in your PC . I've done it already thanks to jonatle http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=664 .

Whatever maps you have in 6.13.7 (assuming that's what you installed first) will appear in the 6.15.6 version. You can even open them side by side. The road representations definitely look nicer in 6.15.6. But the redraw rate of 6.13.7 is much faster. Seems like the pc blinks when you zoom the map closer in 6.15.6...

Comment

Spot the difference

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
              I've been using Mapsource v 6.15.6 for a while and has not expirienced any troubles at all. I've just returned to RP and has been using it to edit tracks, routes and waypoint which I'll post in a while. In addition to running the latest mapsource version, I took the bold risk of installing Windows 7 RC on my laptop .....and so far so good It's beautiful!

However I recall than Jan has said in another thread that the newer versions of mapsource doesn't display everything? Jan, could you please specify what exactly as I have not noticed anything so far?

Besides, I would extend my salute to Jan and all of you that has obviously been working hard with updates while I've been away, the map has improved greatly!

Here's the screenshot of 6.13.7 & 6.15.6 I guess Borgie is correct you can use side by side, at this time I'll stick to the old version, much faster and more display
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X