Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Run Two versions MapSource on one computer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run Two versions MapSource on one computer.

All the talk about MapSource versions made me wonder why not run two versions at the same time for comparisions? It turned out easier than I tought

I downgraded to the famouse relieable and trusted 6.13.7 which installs to C:\Garmin\
    Then I copied that whole folder to another folder on my computer and from here I can now run the 6.13.7 version by running the executable "Map Source.exe" in that folder. To make it easy place a shortcut on the desktop.

I then started MapSource from it's original location
    (C:\Garmin\Map Source.exe) and updated this with the "help-check for software updates" and consequently got version 6.15.6.

I have now two versions on the same computer and I can even run them simultaneously!

Simple lang

I'did this on my laptop running windows 7RC, but I belive it'ld work on XP and Vista as well?

Screen shots attached!
    Attached Files
    Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
    I have now two versions on the same computer and I can even run them simultaneously!

Simple lang

I'did this on my laptop running windows 7RC, but I belive it'ld work on XP and Vista as well?
    Great! Always wanted to try out the latest Mapsource. The map does look nicer in the latest version. Question - both installations still refer to the same mapsets, right? And unlock codes work for one as well as the other?

Thanks for sharing...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
      Great! Always wanted to try out the latest Mapsource. The map does look nicer in the latest version. Question - both installations still refer to the same mapsets, right? And unlock codes work for one as well as the other?

Thanks for sharing...
      Yes, same mapsets and unlock key! Looks like the one I copied to a different folder runs there separatly? I'm not a computer litterate, but as long as it works I'm pleased
      Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Yes, same mapsets and unlock key! Looks like the one I copied to a different folder runs there separatly? I'm not a computer litterate, but as long as it works I'm pleased
        Thanks for the info! I'll give this a try when i get my office PC...

Comment

...downloaded it (took me longer than I expected, Mapsource keeps saying it got disconnected from the server)
          ... tried it...poof! got a lil problem... it's telling me:
          There is a problem with the RPMap623 Installation. Please re-install RPMap623 and start Mapsource again.
          help?

FYI: I'm running WXP SP2
          Attached Files
          Last edited by B2Bomber; 06-21-2009, 10:26. Reason: added OS version
          ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

All the talk about MapSource versions made me wonder why not run two versions at the same time for comparisions? It turned out easier than I tought

I downgraded to the famouse relieable and trusted 6.13.7 which installs to C:\Garmin\
            Then I copied that whole folder to another folder on my computer and from here I can now run the 6.13.7 version by running the executable "Map Source.exe" in that folder. To make it easy place a shortcut on the desktop.

(C:\Garmin\Map Source.exe) and updated this with the "help-check for software updates" and consequently got version 6.15.6.

Simple lang

Screen shots attached!
            Hi...i already have ver. 6.16.2 installed coz my old reliable 6.15.7 version was automatically updated by my new nuvi 1300 when i bought it here in the states while updating the US map that came with the unit... i tried installing the old version but still the new one opens...pls help... i need the rg map when I get to davao city in december... thanks... btw, i still have my old nuvi 205W and now it doesn't have the contri map too...

Comment

Simple lang

Screen shots attached!
              how do u downgrade from 6.16.2 to 6.15.7? everytime i install the 6.15.7 it would still install itself in the garmin folder of the latest version.... ay naku... thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by mausolis View Post
                how do u downgrade from 6.16.2 to 6.15.7? everytime i install the 6.15.7 it would still install itself in the garmin folder of the latest version.... ay naku... thanks anyway
                uninstall 6162 first.
                FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                X