NaviComputer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NaviComputer

Anyone tried this app? Where can we download a phil map to be used for NC? Thanks.

hi i have been using these application for 3 months now and its quite useful if you cannot afford Garmin application yet, you can easily download maps by using the Navimapper application on your computer it has direct access to openstreetmaps you can simply select the map area that you need and also select the zoom levels that you need, after downloading the map it will be saved as an *.nmap file just simply paste it on map directory of your Navicomputer program.

Comment

Hello,

GPS newbie also here..

Ive downloaded NaviComputer with saved maps (from Openstreetmap) of Metro Manila. At first I had a hard time getting it to run but somehow i got it to work. Works great, its FREE (both the software and the map), you dont need to be online or even on a network for it to get a sat lock. Best of all you can do offline map viewing so its great if ur just looking for directions, etc. Downside is the map from Openstreet is not so complete.. it has all the major roads and streets, but lacking in details in some areas (unlike Google maps or what i saw in roadguide)

Im wondering if roadguide maps can be used in Navicomputer.. will ask this in a diff thread, but anyone reading this who knows if its doable or not, i'd appreciate some inputs...

Comment

Originally posted by kyleryner View Post
        Im wondering if roadguide maps can be used in Navicomputer.. will ask this in a diff thread, but anyone reading this who knows if its doable or not, i'd appreciate some inputs...
        afaik, it's not possible.
        got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Hi legtu,

you always reply to my questions... thanks for not getting tired of my questions

I posted an inquiry about this in the newbie question anyway.. hope its ok...

really just curious and hopeful that roadguide maps could be used by Navi, not only is it free, but it also worked without data and network signals. also useful as offline map viewer.

Im just thinking that lots of people would benefit better from roadguide's more detailed maps.. more users = more contributors= better and more detailed maps...

in the meantime im still continously looking for other alternatives to Garmin XT. (btw, i tried the garmin xt trial but it keeps asking me to connect for a free trial every time i try it, and it needs GPRS connection, wont even connect to its servers using my wifi connection...so i couldt evaluate the software properly...)

Comment

Originally posted by kyleryner View Post
            Hi legtu,

you always reply to my questions... thanks for not getting tired of my questions

I posted an inquiry about this in the newbie question anyway.. hope its ok...
            just trying to help out any way i can.

i've read your other thread and i, myself am interested on what the others might know. i have a couple of devices which aren't garmin "compatible" so i'm hoping to find a way to be able to use the roadguide map on them.

for now, it looks like we have to use other maps if we're not using garmin. still hoping though that someone might know otherwise.
            got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Working...
            X