GPSBabel (GPS Data converter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPSBabel (GPS Data converter)

Gpsbabel is a free software to convert gps datas.

Screenshots:
    http://www.gpsbabel.org/screenshots.html

Downloadpage:
    http://www.gpsbabel.org/download.html

Sofware supports: Mac, Linux and or Windows OS
    "music for the road?" @ free-mp3.ph

a great piece of software it is as well.
    not very userfriendly or easy to learn but once you have the hang of it, just great!!!
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

I found another application that seems to be related to GPS Babel...it's called Houdah GPS.

What exactly do these applications do? In layman's terms please...

Comment

Originally posted by matanglawin View Post
        I found another application that seems to be related to GPS Babel...it's called Houdah GPS.

What exactly do these applications do? In layman's terms please...
        It's basically the same as GPS Babel and is intended for Mac machines. It can download GPS data from several GPS devices and can also convert GPS data files from one format to another.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          a great piece of software it is as well.
          not very userfriendly or easy to learn but once you have the hang of it, just great!!!
          Do a Google search for GPSBabel GUI, There are lots of user friendly interfaces out there for GPSBabel if you dont want to dig through the Command prompt Codes.

You can also use the GUI that installs with the program but does not automatically populate the Start/Programs/GPSBabel path.

However if you go to C:/Program Files/GPSBabel/..version#../GPSBabelGUI.exe and make a short cut of it, then move or copy to the start menu then you will have a GUI for GPSBabel. Works great.

However you can also use GPSU or GPS Utility at gpsu.co.uk

Hope this helps.
          [COLOR="Red"][B]GRAND OPENING![/B][/COLOR] [B]The home of long distance riding in the Philippines. Shown in April/May issue of Mo2rista Magazine. [URL="http://www.ridenseekrally.com"]Click here to visit: [COLOR="DarkOrange"]www.ridenseekrally.com[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Comment

Exactly i am agree with you ,i want share more information GPSBabel switch over waypoints, tracks, and routes from vece versa formate,either that format is a accepted mapping format like Delorme, Streets and Trips, and a serial or USB upload or download to a GPS receiver such as those from Garmin and Magellan.It comprise comprehensive data manipulation capability making it a easy for server-side processing or as the backend for alternative tools. It does not apply, move, send, or comprehensive maps.

Comment

Working...
            X