Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac Users Tips and Tricks

Greetings!

I am a Mac user and a noob with using a GPS. I own a NUVI 285wt. I have tried using Roadtrip as a parallel tool of Mapsource. But to no avail. May I ask the Mac user GPS gurus if you can share tips and tricks on how to fully maximize my GPS unit.

As a start, here are some things that I would like to ask:

• How do I load up a Philippine map in Roadtrip?
    • How do I extract a track that I recorded using the easter egg?

I'm sure that I would have a lot more questions along the way. Thans in advance, sirs!

Welcome to Roadguide direkyey! I moved your new thread to this section where it belongs. Please browse the other threads in this section esp. the stickies, answers to your queries can be found here... HTH

Comment

Thanks, Sir. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by direkyey View Post
        Greetings!

I am a Mac user and a noob with using a GPS. I own a NUVI 285wt. I have tried using Roadtrip as a parallel tool of Mapsource. But to no avail. May I ask the Mac user GPS gurus if you can share tips and tricks on how to fully maximize my GPS unit.

As a start, here are some things that I would like to ask:

• How do I load up a Philippine map in Roadtrip?
        • How do I extract a track that I recorded using the easter egg?

I'm sure that I would have a lot more questions along the way. Thans in advance, sirs!
        First tip I can give is utilize boot camp

You will need to use map converter in windows to extract a mac loadable map for roadtrip.

You will need to extract your easter eggs using wnutrack also in windows. So far i have not found a suitable program for mac that does the same thing.

Otherwise, everything else you can do on your mac with roadtrip. The windows in my machine is only used for those two tasks and to back-up/update my nokia phone.

Oh, and i load the map straight to my gps in windows. I find it simpler than having to open it again in mac just to load the map.

Comment

Thanks, swissknife! I will consider this very much.

Comment

installing philippine maps in garmin nuvi 205w using mac

thanks so much for all that road guide philippines is doing to help us filipinos get around this beautiful country of ours.

really hoping you can help me install philippine maps in my nuvi 205w. i am also using a map with parallels... if you could point me to the thread or link that will help me do this.. or if you could email me at 1naks1@gmail.com directions i will really really appreciate it.
            ive had the unit for about 6 months and still cant install anything in it.
            will wait for your reply and thank you in advance.

naks

Comment

Garmin for Macs

I'm also a mac user, but for GPS stuffs, i'm using Windows via Parallel.

There's a programs for mac from Garmin website
              Last edited by zedd; 07-17-2010, 18:26. Reason: removed attach file

Comment

I use VMware. Runs like a dream.

Comment

hey guys I need help to upload my data, im using basecamp..how can I change the street names too?

Comment

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                    hey guys I need help to upload my data, im using basecamp..how can I change the street names too?
                    Welcome to Roadguide osiris! Please follow this link http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....78&postcount=1

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                      Welcome to Roadguide osiris! Please follow this link http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....78&postcount=1
                      thanks for the link but most instructions are for windows user who are using mapsource...

Comment

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                        thanks for the link but most instructions are for windows user who are using mapsource...
                        but you cannot change the street name in the map by yourself. you have to submit a correction file for that and the mappers do the rest. if you can run mapsource in your mac, then the procedure should be the same as those that are using windows. again, please go back to the link sent by borgie to learn how to make a correction file for the street name.

Comment

Working...
                        X