Question for Registered/Licensed GPSMapEdit/cGPSmapper users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Registered/Licensed GPSMapEdit/cGPSmapper users

I bought my laptop without OS and other SW, 'coz I already bought the OS/software I intended to install in this latest laptop. So installed everything I needed prior to my curent hitch. At some point installed and registered these particular SWs. The thing is I have always planned of refining my installation after my tour of duty, ie a full re-install (read: reformat). Would this affect my activation/license keys/codes? TIA
    ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Originally posted by B2Bomber View Post
    I bought my laptop without OS and other SW, 'coz I already bought the OS/software I intended to install in this latest laptop. So installed everything I needed prior to my curent hitch. At some point installed and registered these particular SWs. The thing is I have always planned of refining my installation after my tour of duty, ie a full re-install (read: reformat). Would this affect my activation/license keys/codes? TIA
    for gpsmapedit, afaik, it can not be re-installed after reformat or change of os.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Would this affect my activation/license keys/codes? TIA
      i am also having 2nd thoughts reformating my pc because i might lose access and my activation code will not work anymore.
      we both have same question and haven't tried yet.

Comment

i think im wrong.
        this is taken from license agreement with geopainting.
        http://www.geopainting.com/en/License.html
        hope somebody will try this.

1.3 Transfer.
        You may transfer the Software and Documentation to a single recipient on a permanent basis provided you retain no copies of the Software or Documentation (including backup or archival copies) and the recipient agrees to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If the Software is an upgrade, any transfer must include all prior versions of the Software and Documentation.
        You must notify the Author about the transfer in 2 calendar days by e-mail kg@geopainting.com; the message may be in free form, with obligatory specification:
        - the license key to transfer;
        - first and second name of the recipient;
        - e-mail address of the recipient.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

i already emailed kg@geopainting.com midnight. waiting for his reply. in addition I also emailed cgpsmapper with the same question. will inform you when they reply.
          ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Reinstalling cGPSMapper

ok this just in, below is an extract from my email to cgpsmapper:

Re: license key

Monday, August 23, 2010 2:16 AM

This sender is DomainKeys verified
            "Stanislaw Kozicki" <cgpsmapper@gmail.com>
            Add sender to Contacts

To:
            B2Bomber

I'll issue you new registration..

Regards,

Stan

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM,

B2Bomber wrote:
            Hello, just a quick question. I'm planning to reformat my laptop where cgpsmapper is installed. Would I still be able to use the same license key? Thanks.

--

With best regards,
            Stanislaw Kozicki

I suppose you just have to remember the email address (just incase you have say, a business/work account and a personal account) you used when you bought the license.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
              i think im wrong.
              this is taken from license agreement with geopainting.
              http://www.geopainting.com/en/License.html
              hope somebody will try this.

1.3 Transfer.
              You may transfer the Software and Documentation to a single recipient on a permanent basis provided you retain no copies of the Software or Documentation (including backup or archival copies) and the recipient agrees to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If the Software is an upgrade, any transfer must include all prior versions of the Software and Documentation.
              You must notify the Author about the transfer in 2 calendar days by e-mail kg@geopainting.com; the message may be in free form, with obligatory specification:
              - the license key to transfer;
              - first and second name of the recipient;
              - e-mail address of the recipient.
              Reading the license key email from GPSMapEdit, it looks like the more appropriate email address would be:

support@geopainting.com

will give it a shot after lunch...
              Originally posted by License Key for "GPSMapEdit"

************************************************** **************************
              C. Technical Support

If you have any content-related or technical questions about the product,
              please contact Konstantin Galichsky directly.
              You can contact the publisher at the following e-mail address:
              support@geopainting.com

************************************************** **************************

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
                i am also having 2nd thoughts reformating my pc because i might lose access and my activation code will not work anymore.
                we both have same question and haven't tried yet.
                well, looks like we know the answer to cgpsmapper now.
                actually I didn't really think about this question much because IIRC, one or both of the software was relying on hardware ID which you input upon purchase to generate your key. if the HW ID generator of the software relies on non-OS dependent means of IDing your PC, it should be ok as long as there's no HW change. But it's just an assumption. so figured I'd rather ask.

Comment

the hwid did change when i upgraded to full windows 7 version from rc version. and i did lost the functionality of mapedit and cgpsmapper. but it shouldn't be an issue now that both software makers are willing to give you different codes for them.

Comment

er, only one, cgpsmapper has replied so far hehe. will see what gpsmapedit has to say when they reply.

Comment

er, only one, cgpsmapper has replied so far hehe. will see what gpsmapedit has to say when they reply.
                      oooops, sorry for that. i guess i didn't read the previous posts thoroughly.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                        oooops, sorry for that. i guess i didn't read the previous posts thoroughly.
                        you haven't been drinking have you? anyway that happens. but, tell me
                        Originally posted by pokz
                        the hwid did change when i upgraded to full windows 7 version from rc version. and i did lost the functionality of mapedit and cgpsmapper.
                        how did you resolve your lost functionalities afterwards? IF you don't mind me asking.
                        and yeah, i guess these software would look into the OS's HW sys info for HWIDs hence, a change in HWID, unless they rely on something more static like the BIOS's HW info I guess...
                        Last edited by B2Bomber; 08-23-2010, 19:28.

Comment

you haven't been drinking have you? anyway that happens. but, tell me
                          how did you resolve your lost functionalities afterwards? IF you don't mind me asking.
                          and yeah, i guess these software would look into the OS's HW sys info for HWIDs hence, a change in HWID, unless they rely on something more static like the BIOS's HW info I guess...
                          with cgpsmapper, stan gave me another code.

with mapedit, i never bothered to know if i can get a replacement code since i realized i don't need the added functionality of a licensed version, not until i started to make updates for the map. thanks to a good soul who later gave me a free license.

Comment

oki doki. thanks. still waiting for a reply from geopainting.com...

Comment

hmm...odd... my email to kg@geopainting.com bounced back.

Comment

Working...
                              X