GMXT suddenly lost all my saved waypoints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMXT suddenly lost all my saved waypoints

its as if i reinstalled. totally wiped everything out... all thats left are waypoints for garmin asia, europe and north america... wtf just happened here?

was sent by the office to do some IT work to south luzon, covered all of the bicol area plus virac and masbate, too. saved about a hundred or more waypoints and POIs in about 2 weeks of travel, with tracks set to record.

day before my flight out of naga i tried reviewing my saved pois when suddenly, they were nowhere to be found na. it was like the app reset itself. sayang kasi i was planning to upload them so i can maybe get the contributor's map here.

there a way to recover them somehow? tried looking at the gpsr (nokia e75 running gmxt 5.0) using mapsource, cant find them in there too.

possible kaya na na-move lang somewhere yung data? how do i check?

sayang na sayang talaga... it'll be years before i'm sent there again, huhu

Connect your phone to a pc (I'm assuming you have nokia pc suite installed), navigate to garmin folder in your memory card and look for a folder GPX. Open that folder and see if there's a gpx file named current. Copy that current file to your pc then open it using Mapsource. Hopefully those waypoints are still in there.

Comment

Would your unit have a micro-SD card that may have saved all data and have just come loose?

I know nothing about the GMXT but my micro-SD card would always come loose in old Magellan GPS. I simply removed and placed back, then I automatically get to retrieve all that I had stored from it.

Comment

did your GMXT by any chance "restarted" (ie: it asked you for units of measurement, etc., you know, the usual thing that happens when you first ran GMXT)? if it did, I have a feeling your .sis "resinstalled" your GMXT hence wiping your data.
        ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Working...
        X