Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what is the difference between this and the Contributor map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what is the difference between this and the Contributor map?

Picked this up from the Garmin site

Updater for Garmin City Navigator Philippines NT 2010.40

Update for POI and coverage improvement.

The map is available to Philippines localised nuvi 1360 was purchased from authorised dealers in Philippines.

ML,

Our contri map is free, the other one is for sale, that is the most obvious difference that i can think of

I am almost sure that, this map you mentioned is developed by the usual map maker that Garmin ties up with, the name of the company escapes me just now, but I think there was another thread here in RG that mentions the name.

Another obvious difference is that if you see a portion of the map that is not yet detailed or lacks POI or details, you can't "contribute" to the other one, so you will be stuck with Waypoints and have to wait if ever for next updates for new POIs and roads.

On the other hand I wonder if having both that map and our Contrimap would mean getting best of both worlds, not sure if having both maps will allow for the 3D buildings to still be there on the paid map, if ever they do have those 3D buildings.

TTFN
    Arvin

my two cents only.

Comment

i think it's this one....

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3692

Comment

Thanks Guys.

I guess the biggest difference is that ours is always the latest update especially if you are a contributor.

And it's FREE for us.

Note also that theirs is 2010 series and it's presently 2011.

P.S. Thanks hbt! I was trying to reply to your pm
        Last edited by mlkanapi; 02-17-2011, 00:25.

Comment

Working...
        X