Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mounted GPS
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gareth85; 03-02-2010, 22:59.

Comment

My Garmin

Here's mine...HTC Touch 3G with CD-R King car mount. Sorry, I'll post brighter pictures soon...

Comment

heres my 2 nuvis....
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Hi, guys.

Just the other day, I saw 3 types of car mount models for our Nuvis or CPs @ CD-R King.

They have two suction-types and one dashboard mount type.

I want to ask those who already have the suction-type models. Is the quality good? The Garmin suction that comes with the package is so good and keeps our nuvi secure.

Also any of you who tried the dashboard mount type? If yes, please give us your feedback. The item looks very bulky.

Comment

CD-R King Mount

I am using the windshield mounted type. Build quality is good. It securely sticks to the windshield. Even if I pass through rough roads, the mount never falls off. Check out my picture (2nd to the last picture, the one with the HTC).

Originally posted by bradp View Post

I want to ask those who already have the suction-type models. Is the quality good? The Garmin suction that comes with the package is so good and keeps our nuvi secure.

Comment

i removed my ventclips and went back to suction mounts
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's mine using a friction pad i bought from amazon.com its supah nice

Comment

Originally posted by boybakal View Post
                  Here's mine using a friction pad i bought from amazon.com its supah nice
                  Nice friction pad... wonder how a similar mount sold by CDR king that sells for P680.0 compares. How much did you get it for all in? TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                    Nice friction pad... wonder how a similar mount sold by CDR king that sells for P680.0 compares. How much did you get it for all in? TIA

friction mount is friction mount. as long as it sticks, cheaper is of course better. just dont buy something too cheap that will just melt or dissolve in time. hahaha (baka mag lusaw parang ice)
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Ive tried friction mount before and this is not recommended when you are negotiating a winding road at high speed... make it fly of the dashboard

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                        i got it for $24 i've never negotiated at high speed turning yet but nevertheless i try to abruptly make sudden turn and it doesn't go out of place..

Comment

Originally posted by boybakal View Post
                          i got it for $24 i've never negotiated at high speed turning yet but nevertheless i try to abruptly make sudden turn and it doesn't go out of place..
                          Thanks for the info ... so that costs twice as much as the one at CDR King.

Comment

Here is my new friction pad. I am using suction cup before and it leaves a mark on my windshield.
                            Attached Files

Comment

@eccm
                              Pmed you.

Comment

Suction cup on metal disk mounted on dashboard

Sorry for the poor quality.

Driving along the NLEX with my 10 year old daughter taking the pics. Raining very hard at that time..

Simultaneously using Nokia OVI maps and the Nuvi 1300
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X