No announcement yet.

GPSmap62st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just want to be clear on situation on your 62. If you go into menu - setup - map - select map - is any part of roadguide there and have you enabled it?

Keep calm - I nearly had a competion to see how far I could throw my 62st!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOOPERPH View Post
      Just want to be clear on situation on your 62. If you go into menu - setup - map - select map - is any part of roadguide there and have you enabled it?

Keep calm - I nearly had a competion to see how far I could throw my 62st!!!
      When i opened select map its empty. But i checked my computer its there all 44mb of it but it doesnt appear.
      Hahaha i am calm sir, after i read your story.

Comment

ok so the problem is the transfer of the map. I assume you have unlocked the map in Mapsource. If this is your second unit, you need a new code from the Judge. If you put in USB cable, the 62st will ask if you want to go to mass storage. (I think MapSource should also be open on your PC). Answer No and then Garmin Gstart program should start . Follow the install map procedure. Hope it works!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOOPERPH View Post
          ok so the problem is the transfer of the map. I assume you have unlocked the map in Mapsource. If this is your second unit, you need a new code from the Judge. If you put in USB cable, the 62st will ask if you want to go to mass storage. (I think MapSource should also be open on your PC). Answer No and then Garmin Gstart program should start . Follow the install map procedure. Hope it works!!!
          Whew! Its working perfectly now sir. i just tried uploading the original basemap again before i transferred the contributors 115 map which was missing before. And it works perfectly. The "can't authenticate maps" doesn't appearnow during start-up. I was able to load all 12 pieces of the map in one transfer. It needs the basemap to work correctly i think! Thank you sir for the help, much appreciated!

Comment

My 62s in trouble again

Just when i thought everythings working alright i decided to load the 116 map. Then it started all over again ("can't authenticate maps"), started to show again. I tried to load 115 again but still it didn't work. I tried using mapsource 6.13.7 and 6.15.7 but no luck. I tried generating the map in a flash drive and copy paste it directly to the garmin file in the gps unit, still didint work. I have the correct unlock codes coz it worked before. In my desperation i tried updating my gps software to 2.70. tsk tsk! I cannot understand what happened . I tried doing what worked before but i cnnot make it to work anymore. I'm back to using OSM maps.

Comment

did you try sending 116 and the basemap simultaneously?
              How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

not yet. Which base map do mean sir Jan? Is it the PC base map? or the GPS world base map?

Comment

Can i do that in mapsource? Or should i generate the maps in a flash drive and copy paste both maps directly to the gps?

Comment

No idea. Did you get a pc based map to go with it? I'd try sending that together w 116 through mapsource. See if that works.
                    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

I tried reinstalling the gps world basemap along with the 116 map, no luck!

Comment

I also tried sending the gps basemap to mapsource which is not possible . Si i just copy paste both maps together directly to the garmin file of the unit. Still didn't work.

Comment

I was just wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade my 60Csx to the 62s... glad i read these posts! Am staying with the very reliable 60Csx! No matter how beat up mine looks like!
                          http://davao-uas.com/

Comment

is there an update regarding the incompatibility of roadguide contributor map with the new garmin models..thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X