Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy Garmin Nuvi products in Manila?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bushido View Post
    Could you please point me to which online stores offer the best deals for Nuvis?
    TIA!
    try amazon or tigergps online and let them ship it here. still cheaper. now if you have somebody going to HK or Singapore let them buy it there, still cheaper.
    get the nuvi ,205w,255w or 265w. if you want the higher model then go with nuvi 765w.
    if you can get a nuvi 760w is also very good but they replace it with 765w.
    prices here is outragious. my 0.02
    HTH
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

how can I determine if the item is refurbish?

Comment

Originally posted by osiris View Post
        Difficult to do that imo. It's not like a phone that has lifetimers. But the price is usually a good giveaway. If it's way too cheap than what the cheapest brand new unit you can find in the net sells (from authorized or reputable sellers), it's probably refurbished. Some internet sellers do inform buyers that their units are refurbished but some don't. That's the risk you must live with if you buy from unauthorized sellers. There's also that chance that some independent internet sellers here in the country sell refurbished units to maximize their profits. Remember, it's very costly (shipping plus repair out of the country) and difficult to avail of your unit's warranty if ever it goes kaput even with the authorized dealers, how much more with those unknown sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by osiris View Post
          Try to check with garmin website if model you want to buy is already discontinued. If so, chances are high that it's refurbish.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Nuvi 255w for sale

Selling *****

You have no right to post item for sale.
            Check with "The Sari-sari store" thread for rules.
            Last edited by Reiji; 01-06-2010, 09:20. Reason: forum rules violation

Comment

Best unit??

I am using a blackberry with google maps, which a great for my use, except of course there is no routing etc.
              So I wish to buy a garmin, but which is the best that will accept google amps, and allow waypoints and routes to be saved.
              This is for my car, not pedestrian.
              I had a look at the beta model of the new CarNavi unit yesterday, the software is still flakey, and the maps were not comprehensive enough, but this could have been down to the software and the girl showing me, was not a expert.
              The AVT unit looks ok, but its so expensive, and they could not tell me the coverage except it works in Alabang ok.
              Any advice would be greatly received.
              Sorry if I hi-jacked this thread, but it was the nearest I could find to my question.
              tnx
              John

Comment

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
                I am using a blackberry with google maps, which a great for my use, except of course there is no routing etc.
                So I wish to buy a garmin, but which is the best that will accept google amps, and allow waypoints and routes to be saved.
                This is for my car, not pedestrian.
                I had a look at the beta model of the new CarNavi unit yesterday, the software is still flakey, and the maps were not comprehensive enough, but this could have been down to the software and the girl showing me, was not a expert.
                The AVT unit looks ok, but its so expensive, and they could not tell me the coverage except it works in Alabang ok.
                Any advice would be greatly received.
                Sorry if I hi-jacked this thread, but it was the nearest I could find to my question.
                tnx
                John
                hi nieurzyla aka john,

for car, i suggest nuvi. try to look at the garmin website. lots of model to choose from, depends on your budget.
                our map here is compatible with nuvi product, its routable and its FREE.
                buy it elsewhere but not in the philippines. sad to say, the prices in the philippines are very expensive.
                to give you an idea on how expensive... my friend just bought a nuvi 205W at the US, and the cost....$99.00 only (brand new). even in HK and Singapore still cheaper.
                compare the price of the 205W, then make a decision...

HTH
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Garmin

I have tried to price units and the USA is best place, Singapore enquiries were not answered after 48hrs, so I guess they are not interested!!!
                  So now I would appreciate help on a US seller that can be recommended for me to purchase from and of course recommendations for the cheapest and best units hahahaha.
                  Can Garmin units use google maps?
                  This would be for areas unmapped by members of the project.
                  Thanx guys and gals for any help for this newbie.
                  I used tom tom and MS Autoroute gps in Europe and it was fantastic, but here its still developing.
                  John

Comment

Get it from Amazon. Reliable shipping.

Comment

Garmin 765t

Ok, I have ordered the Garmin 765t from a company via ebay, much cheaper than amazon, as they tended to charge more for delivery, and even added possible customs charges.
                      So now I would like assistance on how to set this up using the your maps, and how do I load, set up the waypoints? so I can upload them to you????
                      Idiots guide is preferred hahahahaha.
                      Thank you
                      Cannot wait for the delivery, I just have to hide the bill from my wife.

Comment

Ok, I have ordered the Garmin 765t from a company via ebay, much cheaper than amazon, as they tended to charge more for delivery, and even added possible customs charges.
                        So now I would like assistance on how to set this up using the your maps, and how do I load, set up the waypoints? so I can upload them to you????
                        Thank you
                        Easy , please refer to link below. You may attend to the forthcoming EB end of this month to shorten the learning curve but what we can assist you is on how to install the teaser map. You need to get the unlock code from the judge to get the latest version. But need your contributions first

http://roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Comment

Thank you
                          check this first:
                          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

Comment

Thank you guys

This is what I am looking for, but what is EB??? as mentioned by jsapalroan.

Comment

This is what I am looking for, but what is EB??? as mentioned by jsapalroan.
                              check this:
                              http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showp...3&postcount=15

Comment

google just game me this link:

http://www.garmin.com.ph/

is this "garmin direct?"

i noticed that in the menu links there is a manilaforwarder.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X