Best models so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mblue View Post
    ah... now I know it was posted in the sticky pala...http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....59&postcount=1
    now, if i understood right from that post... to be able to do 1sec track
    a 255/255W has to follow a 1-2-3-4 sequence, while the 265/265W has
    a built in capability in its features... tama ba?hehehe
    The newer 2X5W models will not do 1-sec easter egg tracks.

Comment

For purely PHILIPPINE use, NAVIGATION-wise there isn't that much benefit from getting the higher end models as most of their features aren't applicable to the RG map anyway.

It's hard to beat the 2x5 series in terms of value for money.

Having said that, I still want the 3790....

Comment

Sir Walter, not necessarily true please visit:
        http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....5&postcount=25

I know for a fact that 205W of my uncle has easter egg capability for example.
        Sometimes it has something to do with the firmware of the unit. I have no idea if one can actually install an older firmware though.

Kuya Gtv I agree with you, the only other feature that will come in handy that are found in higher end models are the Bluetooth function. Well on the other hand I like the nuvi 500 or 550 just coz it fits my "lifestyle" I won't say what it is though

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by mblue View Post
          and may i add a question regarding its operability as a handheld gps
          without an aid for a power supply chord... does the specification of
          4hrs battery life mean you could detach this units with ample time
          to wander around the city on foot for at least 3 to 4 hours?...please
          enlighten me sir... i've heard some say its only theoretical...its actually
          lesser than what the brochure says assuming you have a good conditioned
          fully charged battery...
          Last night, I tried the nuvi 265W again without the charger. After 3 hours and 45 minutes, the "low bat" warning appeared on the screen. I don't know how much time is left after the "low bat" warning comes on as I arrived at my destination soon after that. So the 4 hours claimed by Garmin seems to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by gtv View Post
            I tried the nuvi 265W again without the charger. After 3 hours and 45 minutes, the "low bat" warning appeared on the screen. I don't know how much time is left after the "low bat" warning comes on as I arrived at my destination soon after that. So the 4 hours claimed by Garmin seems to be true.
            Thanks gtv... I got my 255w the other day and did test the unit upon getting it
            from a seller. After a brief orientation from the owner, I placed my gps inside my polo pocket (as I was driving my motorcycle at that time)and enjoyed the voice directions given and the many "calculating" advisories hehehe, deliberately took a different route to see how it responds...
            Upon arriving at my destination, I took it out of my pocket.. walked several buildings...left it "on" until the battery drained... well, Its approximately 4 hrs.
            and Im happy with my little tests... Now Im trying to figure out a way to mount
            it on my motorbike handle bars...thanks guys. I'll contribute as soon as I get to familiarize myself with the unit's capabilities and the procedures for contributions...

Comment

Working...
            X