X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...or just type "m"

Comment

Thanks Reiji0463, Gtv for your replies.

Btw in a separate thread, Arvin555 recommended to use version 1.25 when using mapsource (versus 1.07). Although v1.25 can't be used in GPS, this made sense to me because I noticed some "missing roads" in v 1.07.

Therefore, I should use v1.07 in my GPS while driving and capture waypoints or tracks and cross check what I've captured in v1.25 using mapsource, right?

Thanks in advance. And thank you to Arvin555 too.

Comment

Originally posted by jhlebumfacil View Post
        Therefore, I should use v1.07 in my GPS while driving and capture waypoints or tracks and cross check what I've captured in v1.25 using mapsource, right?
        yes thats right.
        once you contribute enough, the judge will give you unlock code and thats the time you can transfer latest map to your gps.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

i'm not sure if its posted in the faq or just read it somewhere but contributions should always be checked againts the current/lastest demo (or contributors) map.
          got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Originally posted by legtu View Post
            i'm not sure if its posted in the faq or just read it somewhere but contributions should always be checked againts the current/lastest demo (or contributors) map.
            Hi Legtu,

I tried to go through the Newbie and FAQ sections, however, I was a bit overwhelmed with the info in those sections (perhaps due to the volume of info in the forum and the number of contributors).

The guides and tips that the Admin and senior contributors like you did make a big difference for newbies like me

By the way, I'm off to upload my initial waypoints contribution. I hope it'll be accepted by the Judge -- wish me luck
            Last edited by jhlebumfacil; 06-24-2011, 08:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
              go to tools->map
              or alt+t+m
              Hi Reiji0463,

I tried to upload to my GPS unit the edited waypoints I captured...I followed the tools > map... but nothing happened.

I was expecting to see a window where I can choose to send the updated map i.e. Garmin's main repository or microSD.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Reiji0463,

I tried to upload to my GPS unit the edited waypoints I captured...I followed the tools > map... but nothing happened.

I was expecting to see a window where I can choose to send the updated map i.e. Garmin's main repository or microSD.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.
                you cant update the map like that.
                you can send your waypoints back to the gps though if your gps has that capability.
                reading the manual of the gps is normally a good place to start
                How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  you cant update the map like that.
                  you can send your waypoints back to the gps though if your gps has that capability.
                  reading the manual of the gps is normally a good place to start
                  Dear Jan,

Thanks for your feedback -- and I appreciate the time you spend on nbs like me.

The manual that came with my 1490T unit was not really much of a help -- nonetheless I tinkered around my unit and observed the following

1. when sending the unlocked map (gmapsupp.img) to the GPS unit from mapsource, it goes directly to the unit's map folder (no option from mapsource to choose what destination it'll be, even if you have a microSD installed in your unit too).

2. if you have another unlocked map (named also gmapsupp.img) and you have a microSD, create a Garmin folder in the microSD and place there your second unlocked map -- this second map will also be seen by 1490T and get be activiated (tools > settings > map > info) ... say for example, you have the Philippine Roadguide map in your main unit and a second map, say Taiwan can be placed in your microSD if you go to Taiwan.

I hope someone will find this trivia useful.

Thanks again!

Comment

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4210

Jhleb, we are discussing what you found out in the link posted above

Still good to know your 1490T has that feature too.

Comment

Working...
                    X