Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 2577

Originally posted by pyth777 View Post
    AFAIK there are only 4 units capable of showing POI in active route. The 1390 , 1490, 2495 (partial) and 2595..
    .. is the Nuvi 2577 also capable of showing POI's?

Comment

Originally posted by pyth777 View Post
      AFAIK there are only 4 units capable of showing POI in active route. The 1390 , 1490, 2495 (partial) and 2595..
      My old nuvi 1300 shows poi in active route but not my new nuvi 2555

Comment

Originally posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
        do you mean to say a similar model (say, nuvi 40) running the same map (contributor's map) but running on different firmwares (one is US and one is Singapore) will display differently on their screens (one will have POIs showing while navigating , and one will not)?

Is this what you mean?
        Yes... just like what pyth777 said... 4 units with US firmware can only display pois in active route while all units with Singapore version display pois in active route... you can even choose which one to show on your screen by simply checking and unchecking if you don't want too much clutter on your screen.
        Last edited by Liv; 11-09-2013, 19:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post
          Yes... just like what pyth777 said... 4 units with US firmware can only display pois in active route while all units with Singapore version display pois in active route... you can even choose which one to show on your screen by simply checking and unchecking if you don't want too much clutter on your screen.
          Hmmm, so it's a software thingie.

I hope US firmwares will reconsider taking the path of the Singapore's.

It's nice to have POIS of say fastfoods shown while navigating especially if one is on a road trip and want to sort of drive and drive then eat the nearest fastfood store at a specific time (not location)

Comment

Nuvi

So if you had a software update on your Nuvi, and the download site thought you were in Singapore, then you would get the new system, with all the bells and whistles??

Comment

Originally posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
              Hmmm, so it's a software thingie.

I hope US firmwares will reconsider taking the path of the Singapore's.

It's nice to have POIS of say fastfoods shown while navigating especially if one is on a road trip and want to sort of drive and drive then eat the nearest fastfood store at a specific time (not location)

That's why i always opt for the Singapore version… saves you time when looking for a place to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
                So if you had a software update on your Nuvi, and the download site thought you were in Singapore, then you would get the new system, with all the bells and whistles??

On the other hand…you get the risk of bricking your unit if you download an update not specified for your unit.

Comment

True, but I can always dream hahaha

Comment

I saw a nuvi 1200 showing waypoints symbol as the car navigates, is that the POIS we are talking about?

I thought it would have waypoint names displayed also.

the lane/screen seemed to crowded though

Comment

Working...
                    X