Windows Mobile 6.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!

If you're using Win Mobile, you need to install Garmin Mobile XT. To get and use a routable phil map, you have to be a contributor. Thanks!

Comment

igo 8

any of you try igo8 nav n go software?
      was wondering if our maps here would work for igo8 products..

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by johnny2467 View Post
        Hello alpha-q

Did you manage to install and run the Mobile XT in your HTC ?
        I have an HTC Touch 3G with Garmin Mobile XT already installed (with Thailand map).
        Did you manage to install the Phil map without problem?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes it worked perfectly on my tytn II.

Comment

yup works well on the TYTN II a.k.a. Kaiser a.k.a. AT&T TILT

Comment

n00b here needs help with garmin mobile on WM6...

hey guys! i was wondering if u can help me out a bit here...i cant seem to get my phone to connect to GPS...i gone through alot of settings, edited registry, upgraded rom, but my omnia still cant connect to a GPS...dunno what's worng...it just keeps on saying: " unable to locate GPS device; please verify that device is powered on, and within range. continue searching...? yes or no"

i dunno what else to do, i went into registry alrdy...but i just cant seem to get this thing to work...
            can any1 provide me with a list of apps. and settings on your phones that have this GPS working..? please...?
            also, when i try to connect to GPS, it asks 3 things:

use bluetooth GPS, use GPS intermediate driver, use serial GPS...never saw a post with these details in them...can any1 tell me about this...?

Comment

Either the GPS intermediate driver or Serial GPS should normally work with your Omnia.

Comment

thanks! but i alrdy tried all the 3 settings...non of them can find a sattelite...maybe its just a setting thing...

funny thing is, i can locate and view maps, but the gps is still off...so, im thinking, even if i can locate and view with maps, its kinda useless...but *wth* i wont know till i try...hehe

Comment

This might help

[QUOTE=jrzsm23;1949]thanks! but i alrdy tried all the 3 settings...non of them can find a sattelite...maybe its just a setting thing...

funny thing is, i can locate and view maps, but the gps is still off...so, im thinking, even if i can locate and view with maps, its kinda useless...but *wth* i wont know till i try...hehe[/QUOTE
                  Last edited by Jan; 04-01-2009, 22:57. Reason: forum violation

Comment

Originally posted by jrzsm23 View Post
                    thanks! but i alrdy tried all the 3 settings...non of them can find a sattelite...maybe its just a setting thing...

funny thing is, i can locate and view maps, but the gps is still off...so, im thinking, even if i can locate and view with maps, its kinda useless...but *wth* i wont know till i try...hehe
                    Hi, i have my omnia fully functional... just select GPS intermediate driver or use "serial GPS -COM3"... for first time use you need to wait several minutes and you must be in open Area.

option 2; less time based on my experience.. (you must be on open Area )

Try to go first to CAMERA .. settings... GPS on... close your camera and open CAMERA again... it will say LOADING.... wait until camera opens up, this means your phone has already a fixed location... close the camera then go to garmin... it should tell you your location already...

if still not working... you can visit me in my office near magallanes station and i will be more than willing to help you.... there's plenty to discuss..

Comment

from your posts i think your real problem may be that you havent entered the serial nimber of your garmin thus the program tries to find external gps instead of using the one builtin

Comment

Sorry

[QUOTE=johnny2467;1951]

funny thing is, i can locate and view maps, but the gps is still off...so, im thinking, even if i can locate and view with maps, its kinda useless...but *wth* i wont know till i try...hehe[/QUOTE

Sorry, I've already forgotten what I put on a link, here, just browsing to the forums again. I didn't realize that it would violate forum rules, peace.

Comment

im using garmin xt successfully with my omnia using philippine maps. question is there a new version of map phil for provice? like baguio, subic, batangas, etc. as i can see in the mapsource in province has lock of streets names,landmarks,etc. ty

Comment

Originally posted by blyx21 View Post
                            im using garmin xt successfully with my omnia using philippine maps. question is there a new version of map phil for provice? like baguio, subic, batangas, etc. as i can see in the mapsource in province has lock of streets names,landmarks,etc. ty
                            There is... the contributors map ... download the demo version so you can check it out. And please do read the FAQs and "How to's" so you get to know more about roadguide.ph...

Comment

Good day! I'm a newbie here and I'm experiencing the same issue as abalcala, can you gurus please help me. I'm using Acer DX650 with windows mobile 6.1... Thanks...

Comment

Working...
                              X