Papago M6 for iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dhageuk,

I don't think we are there yet with individual house numbers. If by house numbers, you mean to put POIs on each of the house in a neighborhood?

Sorry what do you mean any feedback on POI? do you mean you submitted some POIs in the upload page? if so please post your follow up there, but usually if there is a problem the admin will post there as well.

Please also make sure to post in or on topic, I just assume that you are using Papago, so basically please post only questions about Papago here so that we all won't be confused where was the question and answer was posted.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

yup. i meant papago.
      i meant if i can input house numbers just like tomtom
      pois, i meant is it updated? do you always find what your looking for when you search through pois?
      thanks.

Comment

I'm sorry dhaguek but I have to admit that I was trying to help you but I am unqualified. Reason being that I am not a Papago user. I can try to reply to you based on experience using the Contributor's map which is for Garmin, but that might not be the same, coz I understand papago did some changes themselves on the RG map, including but not limited to adding those cool 3D buildings.

But my guestimated answers to your questions:
        a. No I don't think entering the road or street numbers will work, it does not work with our contributor's map now, so I imagine the data is not there with Papago as well.

b. Based on our Contributor's map, sure, POIs are quite up to date and extensive, I am often pleasantly surprised when I enter some destination in my Nuvi and find it's already there. I would say as of now, 6/6 or 100% of my destinations were in our map, within metro manila, but I don't go out that much Again this is not based on first hand Papago use, only based on Garmin version of our map.

At the end of the day, the papago map is probably 2nd only to the latest Contributor map of RG in the Philippines, based on road coverage and POI coverage combined. I'm not biased

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
          At the end of the day, the papago map is probably 2nd only to the latest Contributor map of RG in the Philippines, based on road coverage and POI coverage combined. I'm not biased
          not probably but definitely.

Comment

not probably but definitely.

There you go!

(and I stand corrected)

Comment

It seems like papago has released a version for the android os, sadly it only has taiwan, hk, china and malaysian maps only. Any idea if they are going to release a philippine map version?

Comment

Installed this in my iPhone, the maps/landmarks/POI was ok except the voice navigation was somehow irritating. It keeps telling 'turn right on the intersection, turn left 200meters' and I don't even know which intersection it's pointing at.

I've yet to use a real gps tracker, but does nuvi tells you the exact street that you should make a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by cgcom View Post
                  Installed this in my iPhone, the maps/landmarks/POI was ok except the voice navigation was somehow irritating. It keeps telling 'turn right on the intersection, turn left 200meters' and I don't even know which intersection it's pointing at.

I've yet to use a real gps tracker, but does nuvi tells you the exact street that you should make a turn?

nuvi 265 will, but nuvi 205 will only say turn right in 50 mt.... turn right .... something like that
                  Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                  - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Papago screen shots

Been using Papago for a month now and here are a few screen shots:

3D & 2D map view
                    Menu has 2 pages (My List, Map View, Road Search, POI Search, POIs Nearby & Settings)
                    Sample POI query
                    Sample Road Search query

Satellite acquisition time is fast. Much faster than Garmin Mobile XT on a Windows Mobile PPC. I like the simulation mode as it allows you to visualize a trip. POI & Road search is on par with the Garmin version.

Wishlist: Coordinates, tracking feature, replace/ improve awful voice (she's pretty annoying and if you make a lot of turns she can't catch up). But for $29 it's one of the best alternatives for iPhone afficionados.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by LR-7; 11-08-2010, 10:42.
                    The more you ignore me, the closer I get...

Comment

Originally posted by LR-7 View Post

3D & 2D map view
                      Menu has 2 pages (My List, Map View, Road Search, POI Search, POIs Nearby & Settings)
                      Sample POI query
                      Sample Road Search query

Satellite acquisition time is fast. Much faster than Garmin Mobile XT on a Windows Mobile PPC. I like the simulation mode as it allows you to visualize a trip. POI & Road search is on par with the Garmin version.

Wishlist: Coordinates, tracking feature, replace/ improve awful voice (she's pretty annoying and if you make a lot of turns she can't catch up). But for $29 it's one of the best alternatives for iPhone afficionados.
                      Are you using the current version (M7?) I was interested in purchasing it but the extremely bad reviews of the current version discouraged me.

Comment

bought this for my iphone 4, works quite well...

Comment

Originally posted by LR-7 View Post

3D & 2D map view
                          Sample POI query
                          Sample Road Search query

Using Papago X5 WinMo for weeks now.
                          Not so cool:
                          I agree with the annoying voice,the guidance speaks approx. 500m then 300m and 100m before each junction,you cant turn off one or two of the distance but you can mute it altogether, you cant lower the voice, if you want to, you need to exit the program and lower the voice by default program i.e. winmo or touchflo in my case.
                          I have MapKing G10 and MapKing 2007 and there I can select if I want the voice navigation to speak on "Far" Middle" and "Near".
                          When saving POIs, characters beyond 13 letters is not seen in panoramic mode,and 9 on portrait mode.
                          cannot modify speed alert
                          When u receive a message and did not click it, you need to shutdown papago to read your txt,where as in GMXT I can just click above the screen on the main menu and I will be in windows or touchflo screen

Cool Things:

3D landmarks, but it mostly covered only Makati area
                          fast gps aquisition
                          you can load different maps and switch b/w them,same as MapKing
                          Navigating between menus is smooth and clean
                          Simulation is fast
                          Toll booths ahead are spoken during navigation
                          While navigating or on standby click anywhere on the screen and a 360` arrow will pop on the screen,click it and the map will rotate 360` till you touch the screen again,then it stops or you click on "current position" and you will be where you are presently driving
                          After searching for a POI you can click Tools> Alternative and it will show you 3 alternative routes with its own color on the map,violet,yellow and lite blue then you can click which route to take

I might add something more later as i get accustomed to using it
                          Last edited by johnny2467; 11-10-2010, 18:50. Reason: added some notes

Comment

Originally posted by geraldteo View Post
                            Are you using the current version (M7?) I was interested in purchasing it but the extremely bad reviews of the current version discouraged me.
                            I didn't even realize they had an update out already. Will download the update later and post additional feedbacks. I'm mainly using Navit and Papago for my iPhone - Alternatives are GPS MotionX lite (free) but you have to download map tiles in advance. Great tracking feature though, as I still can't figure out how to export my saved POI's in Papago. The Papago online manual is no help either.

But it is still a good alternative for iPhone users who need a pretty decent NAV software.
                            The more you ignore me, the closer I get...

Comment

Hi! LR-7 pls. help this is my number 09228194866 txt ur number ill call back tnx.

Comment

my PAPAGO M7 doesnt work

Hi! Ive been using PAPAGO since I bought my iphone 3G. Its been working pretty well and been really helpful for me. But recently, I've upgraded my iphone 3G to OS 4.1 and when I used my PAPAGO M7, it didn't work! POI location works but when I start navigating, it doesnt work. Somebody, please help!

Comment

Working...
                                X