Navitel Observation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
    Installed navitel v5.0.0.1069 in my Samsung Galaxy i9003. Happened thrice already that I can't find the Navitel icon, it seems that it uninstalled itself so I had to do a reinstall. Anybody experienced this?

Previously, I had the version 3 but had so many problems with it so I updated to version 5.
    Kuya bai, v5 is working fine for me except for those triangles
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
      Kuya Borgie, no experience with the problem you mentioned, but I wonder if it might be because your install is going to your microSD instead of the main storage? I don't even know if there is such an option.

You might want to revert back to v3 to observe if it happens again or not.

TTFN
      Arvin
      Kuya Arvin, it installs on the microSD by default. Wonder what might happen if I do a re-install but without the microSD inserted in the phone. Think I'll give this a try if the widget disappears again...

Methinks I'll stick with v5 as I had more problems with v3...

Originally posted by hbt View Post
      Kuya bai, v5 is working fine for me except for those triangles
      It does work fine kuya bai and I also experienced that triangles thingy but for me no big deal on that as it seems not to affect usage of navitel. But I do encounter (most of the time) that when I re-start navitel, it says that the program has failed and would I like to restore my settings (or something to that effect). I haven't updated the firmware of my froyo yet, maybe that causes this glitch?

Comment

Kuya Borgie! How are you doing with your Navitel and Galaxy tab install?

I'm just concerned... hehehe!

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
          Kuya Arvin, it installs on the microSD by default. Wonder what might happen if I do a re-install but without the microSD inserted in the phone. Think I'll give this a try if the widget disappears again...

Methinks I'll stick with v5 as I had more problems with v3...

It does work fine kuya bai and I also experienced that triangles thingy but for me no big deal on that as it seems not to affect usage of navitel. But I do encounter (most of the time) that when I re-start navitel, it says that the program has failed and would I like to restore my settings (or something to that effect). I haven't updated the firmware of my froyo yet, maybe that causes this glitch?
          Borgie, I too, use V5, since V3 doesn't work on my unit (Samsung Galaxy S2 with Gingerbread 2.3.3). Regarding Navitel installing in the microSD, mine does that too, but I just transfer it to phone memory after via the Task Manager. Since the S2 has a lot of internal space, I like to put everything in phone memory. I don't know when this feature started with Android, but 2.3.3 can do that.

Comment

Installed the 30-day triall of Navitel on my Asus Transformer. I like the 3d graphics. Also, flyovers are clearer here than that of garmin. I still have to get used to it. Both garmin and ovi maps are still easier to use. With ovi maps being the easiest.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting used to using Navitel. I'm now using the British voice but i still prefer Garmin's voices over that of Navitel's.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Comment

im still on navitel version 5.0.0.1069. havent really updated since i hate the navitel sms notification showing up.

are there any significant changes to the newer versions?

Comment

Well for one thing our free map is really made for Version 3.5 Navitel so any upgrades will either make the existing quirks stay or heck might worsen it. I'd say upgrade when we get our nm3 map working (if). Then again if anyone is using the latest Navitel version please post any problems so that at least others will know what to expect.

I was ready to even downgrade to v3.5 but got lazy. On Symbian by the way.

HotIce, I agree the voices are not as great as Garmin's, but then Navitel has is a small fish, plus maybe we just got too used to the Garmin voices Heck even my wife misses Karen from time to time

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

HotIce, I agree the voices are not as great as Garmin's, but then Navitel has is a small fish, plus maybe we just got too used to the Garmin voices Heck even my wife misses Karen from time to time

TTFN
                    Arvin
                    I guess so, yeah. We might just have gotten used to garmin. The british voice speaks too slow and claire sometimes sounds so rude.

I'm using the latest version of navitel 5.0.2.721 and i've got no problems. Except those small x's that appear on some areas..

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk.

Comment

TTFN
                      Arvin
                      i dunno i kinda like the british voice of navitel. kinda slow but its really clear.

Comment

I use the "Jason" voice, he speaks very clearly. I downloaded it from the Navitel related site someone posted earlier.

Comment

Hmmm.. maybe ill give this one a try. But, id prefer a female voice though.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk.

Comment

Originally posted by travelbug View Post
                            im still on navitel version 5.0.0.1069. havent really updated since i hate the navitel sms notification showing up.

are there any significant changes to the newer versions?
                            Pinaka significant change is the qwerty keyboard. Hated the alphabetical layout of the 5.xxx.69's keyboard.

Another change is the poi search options, categories are better defined and easier to search with.

Rooted ka naman di ba? Just use gemini app manager to disable navitel sms notification.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeyking View Post
                              Pinaka significant change is the qwerty keyboard. Hated the alphabetical layout of the 5.xxx.69's keyboard.

Another change is the poi search options, categories are better defined and easier to search with.

Rooted ka naman di ba? Just use gemini app manager to disable navitel sms notification.
                              So no improvements to routing, satellite lock, etc?
                              Hmmm maybe I'll hold off updating a bit.

Sent from my samsung galaxy s2 using tapatalk

Comment

No improvements on locking and routing, I guess that's more reliant on firmware/baseband version.

Comment

Working...
                                X