Navitel Observation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monkeyking View Post
    No improvements on locking and routing, I guess that's more reliant on firmware/baseband version.
    well not exactly. routing algorithms are definitely a function of the app.
    locking is most affected by fw and hw though.

Comment

is there a way to have other maps work when the philippines map is installed?

Comment

On Navitel? Yes, I have done this with the free Indonesia maps. Just load the maps into your maps folder in your phone and then navitel will compile it. The problem is that there is not much free navitel maps out there.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

i need an ofline map of singapore. i heard there was this free malayian/singapore map project that was compatible with navitel.

Comment

Please share the link with us if you find them.

It is easy to load the maps as I mentioned.

One thing is that you will need a big MicroSD card so that all the maps can be accommodated.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

this is the link:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/portal/

i think its similar to roadguide in that it is a community driven map project for GARMIN. poor us

Comment

Been using the said map in my htc desire with the latest version of navitel. My comment is that while driving at c5 the elevated u turn slot was broken and the navigation order me to go straight to pasig passing the u turn slot instead of going to kalayaan via elevated u turn. U turn slot was not checked as one of the road avoidance. Does anyone have the same problem. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by blackjoker View Post
                  Been using the said map in my htc desire with the latest version of navitel. My comment is that while driving at c5 the elevated u turn slot was broken and the navigation order me to go straight to pasig passing the u turn slot instead of going to kalayaan via elevated u turn. U turn slot was not checked as one of the road avoidance. Does anyone have the same problem. Thanks
                  we might be able to correct that.
                  pls submit gdb file with the description of the correction. thanks.

Comment

Sir can you teach me how to upload? The gdb file? Thanks will post the problem

Comment

Kuya Doki, he might not be able to simulate it because JMs can't do a routing simulation from Demo map.

Blackjoker,

Please visit the How to Navitel here:
                      http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74
                      Scroll down to the How to contribute Waypoints or How to Contribute Tracks so that you'll learn how to do a gdb contribute.

However as what you found is a bit difficult for you to do, as there is a limitation on the demo map, please just post here where you came from and where you were trying to go, and I will try to simulate it for you. Well heck Kuya Doki can probably do it too! :sly:

1. Where were you from
                      2. Which direction you were driving.
                      3. Where did you want to end up.

Also I don't think our RG map considers the flying U turn as a U turn, please correct me if I am wrong admins.. but I think our map considers it as a bridge or flyover, so I imagine even if you choose "avoid U turn" it should still route you through it.

TTFN
                      Arvin

Comment

Bought a Lenovo P700 last night. First thing na gusto ko agad i try is GPS navigation.

Downloaded Nuvitel at playstore. Trial is good for 60 days (it needs a data connection though to activate the trial mode, so don't close the app)

then loaded it with RG maps. results is really good. I am amazed on the details in terms of street name, from our home to the office here at eastwood. All major streets and most of the minor streets are properly named.

By next weekend, try ko experiment on how to contribute information.

Comment

Welcome!

Originally posted by chyll2 View Post
                          Bought a Lenovo P700 last night. First thing na gusto ko agad i try is GPS navigation.

Downloaded Nuvitel at playstore. Trial is good for 60 days (it needs a data connection though to activate the trial mode, so don't close the app)

then loaded it with RG maps. results is really good. I am amazed on the details in terms of street name, from our home to the office here at eastwood. All major streets and most of the minor streets are properly named.

By next weekend, try ko experiment on how to contribute information.

Welcome to RG Bro. Prost!

Good to hear we have a new Navi-user member Enjoy contributing to the community!

Comment

though i have my garmin gpsr with me most of the time i travel, i did use my navitel installed on my Samsung Galaxy to look for the branch of PSBANK in Dumaguete. It pointed out in seconds... was in the doorstep 5 minutes after.

I'm no expert but Mobile phones having processors process a lot of stuff makes them slow compared to dedicated GPSr that are really designed to do the work.
                            It's also one of the reason why im not a fan of the All In One products.

But either way it's not a bad idea to have Navitel installed, as for me it has proven that it has its use sometimes.
                            ER Nurse
                            Rest but don't Quit

Comment

asus xformer

Hi guys.Have anyone here have tried navitel in ASUS Transformer TF101 with honeycomb firmware? Like to try it but it will lot easier if i know it will work..Many thanks in advance..

Comment

If I understand correctly you can download for free, try it out

Comment

Working...
                                X