Samsung Galaxy S2 Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travelbug View Post
    i believe it is from china. it also seems that locks are faster but its too early to tell since i just updated 2 days ago.

basically for wakelocks if the time is greater than the time youve used the app, then it is indeed keeping your sgs2 awake. i do hope it was a fluke, ive never had issues with gps status.

btw how do you input detours in navitel like the way we did in garmin?
    Okay I will look into KH3.

Regarding wakelocks, hmm the count increases over time, but the time is too short, 1sec or 2secs only.

Regarding detours in Navitel, what you should do is put a destination in using the Find button, press Goto, it will then calculate the route for you. After that, do a Find again, this time press the Insert button instead of the Goto. It will put a yellow flag on that spot, which represents a detour. If you want to make another stop AFTER your original destination (the one your pressed Goto with), then you should press the Add button naman. This in effect extends your trip.

Comment

Why No One Wants To Know

Samsungs Lovely Illegal Tablet

Reading this is a very confusion to me . Vodafone is the latest to cancel its orders. what about you?

Comment

Originally posted by joby View Post
        Samsungs Lovely Illegal Tablet

Reading this is a very confusion to me . Vodafone is the latest to cancel its orders. what about you?
        i ordered one for my dad and im getting it next week.
        personally i think the android system and its devices is at least a generation ahead of ios and apple.

Comment

i ordered one for my dad and im getting it next week.
          personally i think the android system and its devices is at least a generation ahead of ios and apple.
          Travelbug, you ordered via the Samsung website? Good for you! I'm waiting for the 3G (or 4G?) version though. I need it to monitor the house when I'm away.

I also think Android is a more powerful and flexible OS.

Comment

Originally posted by yaozer View Post
            Travelbug, you ordered via the Samsung website? Good for you! I'm waiting for the 3G (or 4G?) version though. I need it to monitor the house when I'm away.

I also think Android is a more powerful and flexible OS.
            i actually ordered it from amazon and my uncle will bring it over next week.
            i only wanted the wifi version for my dad which wont be available in phl i hear.
            however if i were you, id wait for the philippine launch as they usually bundle cool freebies. i think its on august 21 in rockwell.

and yes ip cams are cheap and a good means to secure ones premises

Comment

i actually ordered it from amazon and my uncle will bring it over next week.
              i only wanted the wifi version for my dad which wont be available in phl i hear.
              however if i were you, id wait for the philippine launch as they usually bundle cool freebies. i think its on august 21 in rockwell.

and yes ip cams are cheap and a good means to secure ones premises
              Ah yup Samsung Philippines actually has a promo now, I saw it in the papers. The promo is from August 17 to 20, it says to visit:

http://www.samsung.com/ph/itstimetotab/

It is for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi only version I think, and 16GB. The other device is the Galaxy S 5.0 mini tab. The 10.1 will come with a leather case, and at a discount price of P26,990. I believe there are still slots. I would have reserved one if it had 3G/4G and 64GB internal space.

I also got my S2 with a promo like this from Samsung Philippines last July 2. I was able to reserve one 1 week before that, and the freebies included a car charger and car dock, leather case, and discounted price.

Yeah IP cams are cool, I already have them setup, and using my S2 and my wife's Tab 7inch to monitor stuff. I kinda set it up on just every device I have (and if it supports it), goes with my being "thorough" hehe..

Comment

Ah yup Samsung Philippines actually has a promo now, I saw it in the papers. The promo is from August 17 to 20, it says to visit:

http://www.samsung.com/ph/itstimetotab/

It is for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi only version I think, and 16GB. The other device is the Galaxy S 5.0 mini tab. The 10.1 will come with a leather case, and at a discount price of P26,990. I believe there are still slots. I would have reserved one if it had 3G/4G and 64GB internal space.

I also got my S2 with a promo like this from Samsung Philippines last July 2. I was able to reserve one 1 week before that, and the freebies included a car charger and car dock, leather case, and discounted price.

Yeah IP cams are cool, I already have them setup, and using my S2 and my wife's Tab 7inch to monitor stuff. I kinda set it up on just every device I have (and if it supports it), goes with my being "thorough" hehe..
                26990 is a good price for the 4g version. i think the bare minimum specs for the 4g version is 32gb which is a lot of space considering samsung gadgets can connect to external storage like flash drives and sd cards via an otg cable.

i also got my sgs2 during the rockwell launch. its the best gadget ive purchased , bar none.

Comment

26990 is a good price for the 4g version. i think the bare minimum specs for the 4g version is 32gb which is a lot of space considering samsung gadgets can connect to external storage like flash drives and sd cards via an otg cable.

i also got my sgs2 during the rockwell launch. its the best gadget ive purchased , bar none.
                  I'm betting the one in the promo is not the 3G/4G version, or did I miss something?

I like lots of space, too many TV show videos to watch hehe.. And yeah, the USB OTG is quite handy, so far all my flash drives work with it. I haven't tried plugging a Western Elements portable drive yet (the small one with no power adapter), though I bet it still needs external power when connected with the S2. I will try to look for one of those split cable USBs.

Comment

I'm betting the one in the promo is not the 3G/4G version, or did I miss something?

I like lots of space, too many TV show videos to watch hehe.. And yeah, the USB OTG is quite handy, so far all my flash drives work with it. I haven't tried plugging a Western Elements portable drive yet (the small one with no power adapter), though I bet it still needs external power when connected with the S2. I will try to look for one of those split cable USBs.
                    i inquired with their rockwell display outlet a few weeks back, and they mentioned that the only version available for the launch is the 4g version 32 and 64gb varieties . iirc the 10.1 wifi only version will not be available in phl.

Comment

i inquired with their rockwell display outlet a few weeks back, and they mentioned that the only version available for the launch is the 4g version 32 and 64gb varieties . iirc the 10.1 wifi only version will not be available in phl.
                      Oh I see, maybe it does have 4G. The one in the Samsung website says it is the 16GB variant though (pressing the iMechanics button there).

Comment

Question, I don't think the time on my phone is particularly up to date. Would this affect my gps fixing?

Sent from my samsung galaxy s2 using tapatalk

Comment

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1233256

gps.conf per country inc phl

Comment

Question, I don't think the time on my phone is particularly up to date. Would this affect my gps fixing?

Sent from my samsung galaxy s2 using tapatalk
                            Not sure, but I'm more inclined to think that the GPS has its own internal clock, and that the timestamp it gets from the NTP servers go to where ever that internal clock resides (I don't know if it is software or hardware based).

Comment

I downloaded the gps.conf file for the Philippines and opened it via notepad. It is using the ph.pool.ntp.org server, and the rest are the same as the default (with the 3 XTRA servers, supl.google.com, and port 7276). I guess it is better to use Fasterfix to edit the NTP server rather than pushing the gps.conf file into system/etc (or even flashing via CWM for that matter).

Comment

Also, I've noticed what other forums have mentioned too, it would only lock into at most 8 satellites, even if it can see all 12. This is also the case with the first Galaxy S. It seems the GPS driver must also be updated/improved.
                                I stand corrected. Last weekend I was at Thunderbird Resorts in Rizal, my S2 (still using official ROM 2.3.3) was able to lock on to 9 or 10 satellites. Not being greedy, but I was hoping to get 12 satellites since the place had a big, vast open sky to play with hehe.. Maybe a driver update can make it lock on to 12? hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X