X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Garmin Mobile XT ver. 5.00.50, s60 3rd edition

http://www8.garmin.com/support/colle...t=010-11034-00

Changes made from version 5.00.40 to 5.00.50:

• Provide 'Exit' option to the Activate Software page.
    • Correct the turn preview page in landscape orientation.
    • Correct an error that occurs when the 'Arrival' button is selected.
    • Correct the text color of the main map page when displayed in night mode.
    "music for the road?" @ free-mp3.ph

Originally posted by phtraveler View Post
    http://www8.garmin.com/support/colle...t=010-11034-00

Changes made from version 5.00.40 to 5.00.50:

• Provide 'Exit' option to the Activate Software page.
    • Correct the turn preview page in landscape orientation.
    • Correct an error that occurs when the 'Arrival' button is selected.
    • Correct the text color of the main map page when displayed in night mode.
    Nice... anybody tried this upgrade yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
      Nice... anybody tried this upgrade yet?
      elo. updated on nokia e series but haven't see or tested the changes yet.
      "music for the road?" @ free-mp3.ph

Comment

GARMIN Mobile XT 5.00.5s60.9 on Nokia N95 8GB

So I am now equipped to start contributing with Waypoints, Routes and Tracks, from CEBU.

http:
        //www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

The Members there really have created some fantastic Maps of Singapore and Malaysia.

Just want to help contribute here, so we can perhaps develop Maps of the Philippines to similar standard if possible?

The Members here have already made some excellent progress with Maps of Philippines. Hope to help improve the CEBU Maps, now I have the tools.
        Last edited by Jan; 08-19-2009, 13:30. Reason: links to cracks

Comment

Scrolling the map using N97 always cause Garmin Mobile XT to hang.

Comment

Browse map also hangs on nokia 5800... Perhaps due to the limited ram. But routing rarely hangs... Anyway i saw in a blog that there is a version 5.00.60 available. I installed it and there is a new feature called My Photos.

Though after checking Garmin website only up to 5.00.50 is official.

Comment

Originally posted by jpx3m View Post
              Browse map also hangs on nokia 5800... Perhaps due to the limited ram. But routing rarely hangs... Anyway i saw in a blog that there is a version 5.00.60 available. I installed it and there is a new feature called My Photos.

Though after checking Garmin website only up to 5.00.50 is official.
              Did you get the "My Photos"? when you upgraded to 5.00.60? I couldn't get to show it on my 5.00.60 GarminXT...

Comment

hi everyone,

i'm a newbie here. Just like to know how will this work? i have a Nokia 5800 with the gps feature but a lousy philippine map...
                will this upgrade the default philippine map in my phone to a more informative and useful one? How do i go about it? download it in my PC then upload it to my phone? or after downloading it in my pc, i have to connect my phone to my pc which in turn will act as the gps receiver and use the map in the pc to trace my location?

thanks.

hubs

Comment

Originally posted by hubs View Post
                  hi everyone,

i'm a newbie here. Just like to know how will this work? i have a Nokia 5800 with the gps feature but a lousy philippine map...
                  will this upgrade the default philippine map in my phone to a more informative and useful one? How do i go about it? download it in my PC then upload it to my phone? or after downloading it in my pc, i have to connect my phone to my pc which in turn will act as the gps receiver and use the map in the pc to trace my location?

thanks.

hubs
                  you either have to buy garmin mobilext or have a garmin 10 gps for it to work in your phone
                  How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

i have no idea if it's my 5800 or garmin mobilext software or the gps reception is causing this but i seem to be unable to get a lock on the road... im always beside the road and when i use the browse map option there is a circle around the triangle(which normally is a small circle under the triangle)... i though reformatting would fix it.. i even updated the firmware (voiding my warranty) lol... but it's still here... cannot lock on the roads...

i'll try again tomorrow... XD

EDIT: maybe using my phone screwed up my files, removing the map and transferring it again via mapsource did the trick.... it's fine now... ^_^
                    Last edited by jpx3m; 09-16-2009, 16:52.

Comment

Originally posted by warfab View Post
                      Did you get the "My Photos"? when you upgraded to 5.00.60? I couldn't get to show it on my 5.00.60 GarminXT...
                      yeah, im running 5.00.60 on my n82 also. clicking on my photos causes the app to crash, though other functions seem to work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by warfab View Post
                        yup i got My Photos, the instruction in-program said to put Photos in Garmin\Jpeg folder but even the ones outside of that directory get's listed... so lots of image in phone = clutter in my photos...
                        Last edited by jpx3m; 09-22-2009, 21:11.

Comment

5.00.50 works fine and stable in my N82 so i wouldn't mind upgrading it

Comment

Me i'll be downgrading from 5.00.60 to 5.00.60. Using the .60 version, location text messages are received as ordinary text unlike the lower versions where you get a prompt (when txt msg is received) to launch XT . Also, i don't like the font, but that's just me...

Comment

hi all just a newbie...im trying to get garmin mobile xt to work on my nokia 6730. it has a-gps according to the specs. ive installed the garmin ok but when i go to where to->home-> it gets stuck to "awaiting better gps accuracy" for like 10mins (inside the moving car)until i just cancel it. i wonder if this means that there's really no integrated gps? or should i wait further outdoors(not moving)?hope you could help?
                              and also, is it possible to just use a mobile phone as gps and be able to contribute??

thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X