Update: Garmin Mobile XT ver. 5.00.50, s60 3rd edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mch View Post
    hi all just a newbie...im trying to get garmin mobile xt to work on my nokia 6730. it has a-gps according to the specs. ive installed the garmin ok but when i go to where to->home-> it gets stuck to "awaiting better gps accuracy" for like 10mins (inside the moving car)until i just cancel it. i wonder if this means that there's really no integrated gps? or should i wait further outdoors(not moving)?hope you could help?
    and also, is it possible to just use a mobile phone as gps and be able to contribute??

thanks in advance
    Hi mch. You need to be standing still with an open view of the sky everytime you first use XT (or coming from a cold start), and moreso if it's the first initialization. When you're on the move and inside your vehicle, it will take ages to lock on to the satellites. HTH

Comment

hey thanks!! finally got it to work. figured out need to check on both assisted gps and integrated gps. has anyone tried sending someone a location message with picture attached to it? btw, any here who were successful in being a contributor with just having a cellphone as gps? i would like to correct some street names/name some streets nearby which were still nameless on the free map...

thanks for the help..

mch

Comment

hey thanks!! finally got it to work. figured out need to check on both assisted gps and integrated gps. has anyone tried sending someone a location message with picture attached to it? btw, any here who were successful in being a contributor with just having a cellphone as gps? i would like to correct some street names/name some streets nearby which were still nameless on the free map...

thanks for the help..

mch
        Having just a cp as gps device shouldn't be a problem if you want to be a contributor.

Please check he demo map 1.08 for the nameless streets, not the free map. They might have been named already.

Comment

hi, i just checked the demo version of the map..no name for some for the streets near my place, hopefully i can do it..will try..what if the map has no street where there should be one?? is this possible?

Comment

hi, i just checked the demo version of the map..no name for some for the streets near my place, hopefully i can do it..will try..what if the map has no street where there should be one?? is this possible?
            With a cellphone gps running XT, you can generate tracks for those streets not yet on the map but, track resolution is more often than not very low. But sometimes it's better than nothing. If you can complement your XT tracks with Google Earth traces, that would be the best solution...

Comment

is it possible to copy the tracks from the memory card to the computer, so i can view it better? i tried to look inside the folders of garmin in the memory card but i cant find it?i tried google maps and saw the street i was referring to but it wasn't in the demo version. there's another street name though that both garmin and google doesnt have yet.also, can i indicate a village entrance/state that an area is part of that said village?

thanks in advance,
              mch

Comment

sorry for my first question..i know how to receive tracks from mobile now. but the thing is, i have one saved track and can be viewed on the mobile phone but when i click on receive then checked tracks, it says no track found?

Comment

is it possible to copy the tracks from the memory card to the computer, so i can view it better? i tried to look inside the folders of garmin in the memory card but i cant find it?i tried google maps and saw the street i was referring to but it wasn't in the demo version. there's another street name though that both garmin and google doesnt have yet.also, can i indicate a village entrance/state that an area is part of that said village?

thanks in advance,
                  mch
                  sorry for my first question..i know how to receive tracks from mobile now. but the thing is, i have one saved track and can be viewed on the mobile phone but when i click on receive then checked tracks, it says no track found?
                  Please read up more on this... http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....6&postcount=36 and this http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....4&postcount=19. Then read this http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4.

After going thru the above links, please ask your questions again that are more direct to the point... TIA

Comment

thanks thanks!! just really need to read carefully. hopefully i can make some valid contributions now..

thanks so much

mch

Comment

Originally posted by w0lvez View Post
                      Scrolling the map using N97 always cause Garmin Mobile XT to hang.

Mine too. My Omnia HD I8910 has the same problem.
                      Maybe we have to wait until the Garmin Mobile XT for Symbian OS v9.4 Series 60rel5 is already around the market.

Comment

there is already a 5.00.6. A very good system!!

Comment

guys where do you download ********
                          Last edited by Reiji; 01-06-2010, 09:28. Reason: forum rules violation

Comment

Sir Jan,
                            Just want to ask, I already installed GarminXT to my HP Ipaq hw6965 PDA with GPS and it works but my problem is to load it with Phil. Map. Is the procedure the same as for nuvi, if yes, do I have to run the file gmapsupp.exe & copy and paste the gmapsupp.img to the garmin folder in my ipaq? Pls. advise.

Comment

Originally posted by EdC2d View Post
                              Sir Jan,
                              Just want to ask, I already installed GarminXT to my HP Ipaq hw6965 PDA with GPS and it works but my problem is to load it with Phil. Map. Is the procedure the same as for nuvi, if yes, do I have to run the file gmapsupp.exe & copy and paste the gmapsupp.img to the garmin folder in my ipaq? Pls. advise.
                              same as with the nuvi. send the 1.07 map through mapsource.

Comment

I installed Gamin XT v.5.00.20wp on HP Ipaq and it works using 1.13e cont. map. It speaks with american english but cannot TTS. I don't need to register to garmin because its free. I just clik conect to garmin gps. When I bought my pocket PC phone with GPS last Dec. 2006 it has a free mapking but remove it when I came to know that garmin has moblie XT for Windows Mobile for HP ipaq.

Comment

Working...
                                X