Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android OS

Is there a program for android OS?

ako din nakaandroid ngayon! looking for turn-by-turn navigation software to no avail

may mga navigation software na available for Android like Nav4All, Waze, CoPilot, AndNav2.. pero i don't think compatible yung mga Garmin Maps natin dito

anyone have any ideas?

Comment

its really hard or impossible to find a good software for android that will work for the Philippines i used to have tmobile and now im using it as my globe roaming phone. . . theres several off line map software but nothing that would navigate from point a to b im using a jailbroken iphone right noww as a primary phone .. .

Comment

I've been browsing and it looks possible. We probably have to make our own maptiles via OpenstreeMap.org and export them.
        I've read here that compilation is possible: http://wiki.andnav.org/index.php/MapTilePacks
        yun nga lang, the size can get really huge!

Comment

the next line of smartphones garmin will be developing will run on android os
          no waypoint left unturned

Comment

I dont need turn by turn but I am wondering if you can install the map from roadguide to an android device. I have Google maps and Locus on my Cherry Mobile Superion running Android 2.2.

Comment

i also have an android. and i have been searching for answer how i can use a turn by turn app on my unit, using RG map. but i am unable to find one.

however, i found an app that uses OSM map.

pm me if you're interested to know what app i have. and yes, it's free. =)

but no turn-by-turn feature.
              250.00/hr on any massage. Swedish, Shiatsu, or Combi

Schedule a massage by calling or texting us at:

Globe - 0915-118-2086
              Smart - 0908-735-9367
              Sun - 0922-213-2738

http://www.facebook.com/kawayanmassage
              http://kawayanmassage.wordpress.com/

Kawayan Home Service Massage – Quezon City, San Juan, San Mateo Rizal

Comment

interested in this also.

although merong philippine map yung htc desire HD ko, using the HTC Locations app that came with it (which I think is built by Tomtom, not sure though), hindi kasing updated yung maps nito, at di rin kasing okay yung turn by turn directions, compared to the garmin mobile xt dun sa dati kong windows mobile eh, which was powered by the roadguide garmin PH map.

Comment

Originally posted by vince06 View Post
                  interested in this also.

although merong philippine map yung htc desire HD ko, using the HTC Locations app that came with it (which I think is built by Tomtom, not sure though), hindi kasing updated yung maps nito, at di rin kasing okay yung turn by turn directions, compared to the garmin mobile xt dun sa dati kong windows mobile eh, which was powered by the roadguide garmin PH map.
                  pls post in english so that our foreign members audience will understand you.
                  http://roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64
                  FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by bunta510 View Post
                    the next line of smartphones garmin will be developing will run on android os
                    +1

I hope so! because I have a phone android OS to.

Comment

i use navdroyd (which is a paid application), maps are free though using osm. not as detailed as rg's map but it will do for now.

Comment

Bratski, How much is the software? It sound like a nice app with only one time fee. Too bad it does not use the OSM or the Garmin compatible OSM as the map, but they compile to their proprietary file.

TTFN
                        Arvin

Comment

Hi Arvs. am registered na

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                            Bratski, How much is the software? It sound like a nice app with only one time fee. Too bad it does not use the OSM or the Garmin compatible OSM as the map, but they compile to their proprietary file.

TTFN
                            Arvin
                            a friend gave me the software, i couldn't access it from the android market as paid apps are restricted in our area. updated maps are free and it has voice navigation. mapdryod is a similar app and its free although it doesn't have voice navigation.

Comment

I also use NavDroyd. You may refer to their website to download/purchase the software. I think it is worth its price. Free map downloads. It doesn't have HK though. But more importantly, it has the Philippine map. I used it to navigate to the QC Hall to test it out and it is awesome. POIs are included in the map so you could search for the nearest desired establishment.

On the downside, NavDroyd uses Android's speech synthesizer so you get an annoying robotic sound. Just turn it off.

But everything else is great.

Comment

Working...
                              X