Android OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arneldarius@gmail.com View Post
    I also use NavDroyd. You may refer to their website to download/purchase the software. I think it is worth its price. Free map downloads. It doesn't have HK though. But more importantly, it has the Philippine map. I used it to navigate to the QC Hall to test it out and it is awesome. POIs are included in the map so you could search for the nearest desired establishment.

On the downside, NavDroyd uses Android's speech synthesizer so you get an annoying robotic sound. Just turn it off.

But everything else is great.
    you can download the hk map, i have both the Philippine and hk maps in navdroyd.

Comment

where else can we get the maps fr navdroyd?

Comment

Originally posted by gio347 View Post
        where else can we get the maps fr navdroyd?
        Inside Mapdroyd, just go to menu then manage maps, check the regions that you want then download thru wifi, all within your phone.

Comment

Hi.

I'm planning on buying an HTC Desire HD and it uses Android OS also. Pero I'm having second thoughts if it can't use the maps available here. I currently have Touch Pro 2 with Garmin Mobile and the maps here work wonderfully with it. Is there still hope for android users?

Comment

Originally posted by marvdmartian View Post
            Hi.

I'm planning on buying an HTC Desire HD and it uses Android OS also. Pero I'm having second thoughts if it can't use the maps available here. I currently have Touch Pro 2 with Garmin Mobile and the maps here work wonderfully with it. Is there still hope for android users?
            The only way to get the roadguide maps here to work on android is to get the Garmin/asus android phone.

http://www.garminasus.com/en_US/phones/garminfone/

Comment

Sygic (v11.0.1)

(Screenshots taken with ShootMe)

(Part1)

Comment

You've tried both Sygic and CoPilot Live? Which one is better? and where do you download the maps? Is it as detailed as the Garmin maps here? Thanks
                Last edited by marvdmartian; 06-01-2011, 22:44.

Comment

... Which one is better? ... Is it as detailed as the Garmin maps here? Thanks
                  I prefer Sygic Live since it's got more detailed maps for Cebu City. But not as detailed as RoadGuide PH maps

Comment

Originally posted by warfab View Post
                    I prefer Sygic Live since it's got more detailed maps for Cebu City. But not as detailed as RoadGuide PH maps
                    Ohh. Too bad there's no Garmin for us.

Comment

Hi!

Are both apps free for download or are they pay apps?

Can either one of them record tracks?

TTFN
                      Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                        Hi!

Are both apps free for download or are they pay apps?

TTFN
                        Arvin
                        Test phone with said apps wasn't mine

Copilot Live is paid while Sygic is free but I think when you sign up an account with Sygic and pay for the maps. From what I've seen sa Android Market (market.android.com), Copilot Live usually is bundled with maps already with additional maps you can download after you've paid for them na.

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                        Hi!

Can either one of them record tracks?

TTFN
                        Arvin
                        Haven't had time to check track logging yet.

Comment

Ohh. Too bad there's no Garmin for us.
                          I believe Navitel Navigator can make use of Garmin IMG files...

From http://www.navitel.md/faq.html#3

Autorouting and Garmin IMG files

Although Navitel Navigator can open Garmin IMG files (which are not locked), the autorouting feature in Navitel does not work with routable IMG files. As a result, there's no autorouting - just straight lines between route points (aka off-road mode).

But the autorouting feature in Navitel Navigator works for routable NM2 (Navitel format) files ONLY. However, if you are a map developer familiar with Polish (MP) format, then any routable map in MP format can be easily converted into Navitel's NM2 format and the autorouting will work fine. Also, you can open an IMG file in MapEdit (download it for free from www.geopainting.com) and then re-save it in NM2 format. This is possible.

Please note that MapEdit can not extract routing info from Garmin IMG files, only map detail data. Hence, the routing information from IMG file will NOT be available and cannot be recovered.
                          But you can try to generate the routing nodes manually (using Map Edit's menu Tools > Generate routing nodes) then after saving the map in Navitel format, it will be accepted by Navitel and the routing will be enabled.

The unregistered MapEdit version downloaded from www.geopainting.com is quite functional - you can open/import maps from Polish (MP) format, or Garmin's IMG format, or SHP (shape) files, and even from MapInfo MIF format (but the latter is possible with registered version of MapEdit only).

Map Edit has a WYSIWYG interface, real time editing, it is in English - and it's packed with lot's of map editing features! On top of that, Map Edit can be used to make and edit routable maps (all nodes are shown in different color, and are editable etc).

> Tried the Navitel software and part of the map in img format
                          > converted to NTM. The routing actually worked after generating the
                          > routing nodes in Mapedit. However, there was no difference
                          > in routing when the slider was set to fastest or shortest.

You see, to simply generate the routing nodes in Mapedit is only 10%
                          of the job (although it's already a big deal that it has such a
                          functionality now!), and there is a lot more to be for making a good
                          routable map!

Think about the node connections, 1-way and turn restrictions, then about
                          roads' speed & class parameters (for this very reason, moving the
                          fastest/shortest slider did not produce any results!)...

There's a great tutorial on this route making process at
                          http://www.cgpsmapper.com/route.htm please check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by warfab View Post
                            I believe Navitel Navigator can make use of Garmin IMG files...

From http://www.navitel.md/faq.html#3
                            I tried this and i cant get it to work..

Comment

Working...
                            X