next EB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just put up a date, time and place.

i don't think people (those from luzon particularly) are keen in going to another cebu eb this time of year (i may be wrong though). but if you want to set up one for cebu and visayas area members, please feel free to do so.

cost is usually equally shouldered by attendees, so you don't have to shelve out your money for other people's consumption.

Comment

'EB' in Cebu (this month - 'Nov') - anyone up for it?

Originally posted by chaz2009 View Post
      i just arrived now back from work , ill be here for next couple weeks and hoping to catch a couple of the EB's. I would really like to attend one in Davao or Cebu as my girlfriend has never been on a plane.
      Chaz,

Sent you a Reply to your 'PM'.

If anyone fancies an 'EB' @ 'Tongs', just say what date(s) this Month?

I will go along to 'Tongs' Restaurant on Friday 11th November from 4:00 PM onwards to meet up with Ron and Arlene the owners, so if you have any Questions about possible 'EB' @ Tongs, post them prior to noon this Friday, and I will try and get answers (if Ron not already given them in an e-mail reply to me?).

Just seems it could be an alternative Venue to 'Moon Cafe' in Ayala Terraces, which is the only EB that I have attended.

Another Venue, with much more Authentic Mexican Food is 'Banana Moon Cantina' in Mactan (used to be 'Cadillac Cafe')

Sorry too late spotting this Promo:-

And this one also:-

Check out http://www.mactan.com/ for more such Promo News and arrange an EB there to coincide with such Promo.

Comment

From what I understand EB has two purposes, could be just one or the other or both:

1. To get to know fellow RG members and talk RG/GPS/Mapping.
        2. To teach new or fellow RG members on mapping and contributing to RG.

The eating and drinking is of course the added feature, sometimes even optional.

I have been on an EB with only 2 persons joining (including myself).

So as long as you get people, specially in your area to join, then I think it is a go ahead! Also about the costs, it is usually KKB (which translates to going Dutch), unless of course the organizer is offering first rounds and stuff which is also completely welcome!

Announcing is as easy as making a new post in "events page" and give the What, when, where, why details and wait for confirmations from those who are interested.

Lastly, if you are going to teach a newbie, it is nice if the venue is not so noisy and wifi would be a plus as well.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
          wanna set it up ate?

sorry for the late reply kuya.

how about a Nov. 26 EB date?

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post

kindly post it ate. let's see if it gathers steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post

please make it sooner like on the 19th cause on the 26th im walking in the sand again

Comment

Originally posted by chaz2009 View Post
                please make it sooner like on the 19th cause on the 26th im walking in the sand again
                Nov. 19 is next week already... that's too soon...others might have made plans already on that date.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                  From what I understand EB has two purposes, could be just one or the other or both:

1. To get to know fellow RG members and talk RG/GPS/Mapping.
                  2. To teach new or fellow RG members on mapping and contributing to RG.

The eating and drinking is of course the added feature, sometimes even optional.

I have been on an EB with only 2 persons joining (including myself).

So as long as you get people, specially in your area to join, then I think it is a go ahead! Also about the costs, it is usually KKB (which translates to going Dutch), unless of course the organizer is offering first rounds and stuff which is also completely welcome!

Announcing is as easy as making a new post in "events page" and give the What, when, where, why details and wait for confirmations from those who are interested.

Lastly, if you are going to teach a newbie, it is nice if the venue is not so noisy and wifi would be a plus as well.

TTFN
                  Arvin
                  Newbie Alvin Osmena is keen to attend an EB in Cebu, and get a bit of coaching in MapSource and how to Submit Waypoints.

Since 'Tongs' has Free WiFi, is located near 'KartZone', and reasonably close to Ayala, so convenient for many, we will announce a Date/Time for such EB in Cebu, there.

They do 'Eat all you Can Buffet' for Php199, or have 'A la Carte'. 3 Beers for Php100, and potential Discounts, depending on numbers attending. Will suggest to Ron & Arlene, some 'Bakada Specials' perhaps?

That will be 4 or 5 Members of 'Green Trail Rides/RG - Cebu. attending for a start!

Comment

Britster,

As I mentioned you need to post a new topic in the event page with Title EB Cebu and date. Then post the details there.

EB that Ate Liv and the rest are planning is for EB here, and probably will have it's own topic when it is finalized.

It is best to post in a new topic so that your EB announcement does not get lost in the 3 pages in this topic

TTFN
                    Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                      kindly post it ate. let's see if it gathers steam.

will create a separate thread for November EB now kuya.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                        Britster,

As I mentioned you need to post a new topic in the event page with Title EB Cebu and date. Then post the details there.

EB that Ate Liv and the rest are planning is for EB here, and probably will have it's own topic when it is finalized.

It is best to post in a new topic so that your EB announcement does not get lost in the 3 pages in this topic

TTFN
                        Arvin
                        OK Noted as soon as we confirm Date / Venue, will start New Thead "EB - Cebu, [Date]"

Cheers,

David

Comment

Working...
                        X