BOT Attack from UAE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jan View Post
    (at least you got a great looking avatar now )
    ha ha! the legend avatar!

this is really weird. i really hope this is only from my side. right now i transferred to an UBUNTU STUDIO machine running firefox and its the same. I wish I could send you screenshots again. Don't know much yet of ubuntu apps.

Comment

Originally posted by lyndon View Post
      ha ha! the legend avatar!

this is really weird. i really hope this is only from my side. right now i transferred to an UBUNTU STUDIO machine running firefox and its the same. I wish I could send you screenshots again. Don't know much yet of ubuntu apps.

that'll most likely be it then...
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

I do not use Firefox but have Ubuntu. Don't forget I see the same thing as Lydon. Changing of Avatars. As mentioned sometimes Bruce lee becomes Kuya Jan's avatar and I saw MjayMD having Kuya Jan's avatar.

It might be a linux thing though coz at least that is one thing in common between Lydon and I.

Though I think I remember it happening also even while using my win7 laptop. But I will need to observe a bit more. Frankly I thought that it was a feature, as I mentioned I thought it was some kind of "revolving avatar choice".

Now I see that Kuya Jan's is a boy with a hat, Unkul HBT's is Bruce Lee and Lyndon's is a cartoon horse (I should know his name but can't remember).

Will observe some more.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
          Now I see that Kuya Jan's is a boy with a hat,
          TTFN
          Arvin

kuya jan is not a boy.
          old man pwede pa :sly:
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

i think i've narrowed this problem down to my ISP. tried migrating my network to a different provider and everything's back no normal. may i ask sir Arvin, are you subscribed to this mega cable tv's internet service?

Comment

Unkul HBT, I did say Kuya Jan's (Apostrophe s) hehehe!

Lyndon, unfortunately no, I use skycable internet and just now I am using the same internet connection for Ubuntu and for Win7 and opened them both.

They have different avatars!!! Yup.

On Win7 Kuya Jan's (apostrophe S ha!) avatar is again the Boy with a sombrero. Your's is a Cartoon horse, while Unkul HBT's is Kung Fu Bruce Lee!

On Ubuntu Kuya Jan's is the Mermaid (?) Unkul HBT's is Bruce lee so the same, and your's is a Guitar!!

I am using Opera on both OS.

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

In my Office PC, all the avatars looks the same as the Ubuntu PC ones at home. Mermaid, Bruce Lee, Guitar.

TTFN
                Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by lyndon View Post
                  i think i've narrowed this problem down to my ISP. tried migrating my network to a different provider and everything's back no normal. may i ask sir Arvin, are you subscribed to this mega cable tv's internet service?
                  so confirmed! it's skycable that is causing this avatar issue, the mega cable tv company i'm referring to.

Comment

Nope Lydon, the problem is that I used Win7 in laptop and Ubuntu (desktop) with the same Skycable connection... got different results. So it is not the ISP.

Everything the same now after I reloaded several times, I think the avatars were in the Cache, but why they changed in the first place I am not sure.

It is not that much of a problem just a curiosity for me.

TTFN
                    Arvin

Comment

Working...
                    X