SCTEX Lidar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suntzu View Post
    Exactly. SCTEX seems endless if you are only cruising.

So last EB @ Subic, we ran flat-out in Philippines' Autobahn from Clark till before the Tipo Exit (except in the area where there is a road hazard posted by Terry aka trekker). We were expecting a speed violation at the exit because we saw some tollway-owned Toyota pick up trucks and they saw us as well along the way but nada/nothing. Guess we're just lucky that time or they just underestimated my old car.

Some pics:

whew! that was fast Suntz! i guess luck was really on your side then coz we saw a few cars that passed us at a little over 110 kph got apprehended at the Tipo exit.

Comment

Originally posted by Suntzu View Post
      Exactly. SCTEX seems endless if you are only cruising.

So last EB @ Subic, we ran flat-out in Philippines' Autobahn from Clark till before the Tipo Exit (except in the area where there is a road hazard posted by Terry aka trekker). We were expecting a speed violation at the exit because we saw some tollway-owned Toyota pick up trucks and they saw us as well along the way but nada/nothing. Guess we're just lucky that time or they just underestimated my old car.
      Suntz,
      Did you say you were in stealth mode?
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

@bratski

Yes sir, that's a lancer gti 91 with 4g63 dohc engine. I could hit 230 to 240 if not only to the speed limiter of my jdm-spec (japanese domestic market) engine. I hit the 180+ mark @ the low 4,300 rpm.

@Miss Liv

Even my gf was ready for the apprehension when we arrived at the exit..We were really thankful. Honestly, I was thinking where will I retrieve my license afterwards.

@Papa Pol

That's the art of war..."when able to attack, pretend to be unable..." haha
        Last edited by Suntzu; 11-06-2009, 17:32.
        SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

sir suntzu,
          so thats why hehehe,you had an engine transplant . that 4g63 is one legendary engine. my old gti had the stock 1.5 efi engine..oops sorry for the ot.

Comment

they are almost always in that section where there is roadside parking. The radars need to be stationary for it to clock your speed.

here are some things to look out for

a. sctex pickup parked on the side of SCTEX.
            b. SCTEX staff on a railed island in SCTEX - he takes measurements and plate photos on both side of the road
            c. they're almost always busy early in the morning, and 4-7pm - when people are going to and coming home from subic.
            d. they love to shelter in that section of the sctex that was cut from a hill. reason? the place is shaded.

Comment

On Nov 22, the BMW Car Club Phils is hosting track day in Subic International Raceway for only P1000. This is where you can really put the pedal to the metal without getting caught. Thing is that your insurance won't cover you in an accident inside the track. But heck, it's a good time to to time yourself in the track. Great photo opportunity and video too.
              Any car, doesn't have to be a bimmer, can join. Miata Club and Subaru Club will also be there. P1000 only. One to sawa!

Sir Suntzu, it would be great to see your ride in action.

Comment

Working...
              X