No announcement yet.

The Golf Course (18-HOLE-poi's) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with all the troubles of marking where the pin and bunkers and water hazard even djabongs. i just hope that it helps lower the scores. :sly: hahahahaha
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Yeah JD, and apparently Kuya Doki probably has another idea about making it come out when you search for them in a specific way but not in "nearest" feature.

However I imagine that we might be able to "Tweak" a map specific for golf courses only, than our main contributor's map. For instance, if everyone agrees to offer it for download (without contri) that can be easier if it's a separate map. Also detailed polygons will mean we are not contributing to the file size of our main map, which we have to agree not everyone will benefit from very detailed golf course maps as much as the hard core golfers amongst us. Of course up to you guys how to integrate it, we'll just try to contribute as much as we can

Yeah HBT, I am 99% sure that having this feature will not in any way improve my game. It will however be a nice "after game" topic when I show how zig zagged my tracks are on the course. Yes I am known to end up hitting from the fairway of the hole next to the one I am playing, sometimes two fairways off!

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

My golf partner in the Philippines actually have a GPS with all the major Philippines golf courses pre-loaded on the unit. Whilst I don't bother, he uses it all over to indicate the distance to pin, course layouts, hazards etc.

He is a pro and uses it during competitions, and I don't think it is actually against the rules of golf, but I stand to be corrected on this.

I will find out from him when I see him next time where he bought the unit, and the details of the unit itself.
        ________
        Problems With Avandia
        Last edited by rudirautenbach; 09-10-2011, 15:01.

Comment

Working...
        X