Eatery enroute to Bicol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
    yes some are like beggars na...i only drop on those who are in strategic locations which can really help the motorists.
    i only give those located where they are really helpful like the steep climbs with sharp curves, there are only two of them.
    1 give P5 din.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
      Still didn't get that Kuya Reiji, why EME again?

You guys just scared me enough to actually decide to go through the other route instead The only zig zag road that I am used to going up and down in is the Ligaya drive from tagaytay to Talisay in Taal, never needed any help or needed to give way like that! Maybe less scary in the morning right?

TTFN
      Arvin
      if you can drive talisay then eme will be no prob for you.
      EME is for M because zigzag road there looks like an M.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

if you can drive talisay then eme will be no prob for you.
        EME is for M because zigzag road there looks like an M.
        and the view is superb!

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
          Mostl of the private motorist takes the Bitukang manok unless you are driving a bus or truck , its in the gps EME and you will not miss it (hopefully) coz southbound if you take the first ramp, this is the route going to Bondoc peninsula(do not take this). take the next ramp after few meters .

Leave early but be cautious with sleepy truck /bus drivers. Some restaurants are open/some are not, taking the Maharlika , I would say most of the critical wpts are there. I have tested it yesterday in "where am I feature" of our gpsr locating the hospitals, police so pretty accurate.
          and be careful with these railroads and bridges
          Attached Files

Comment

And the last time i passed thru that route the road is very bad plus the buses and trucks. You will save at least 30 mins to 1 hr if you take eme.

Comment

If you like zigzag challenge, take the Sta Elena/Labo /Daet/Sipocot route going to Naga (not Almeda hiway), although the view is not superb but it's a non stop action (zigzag) that will make you dizzy if you have a hangover

Comment

Originally posted by uargon View Post
                and be careful with these railroads and bridges
                Many thanks for this, I will upload these wpts with alerts to my gpsr .

Comment

but it's a non stop action (zigzag) that will make you dizzy if you have a hangover
                  this is so right.
                  driven it a couple of times...hard part is overtaking jeepneys and tricycles, you will have just a little window to overtake coz of the zigzags.

(not Almeda hiway)
                  Sir Jim,
                  Should it be Quirino Hwy not Almeda Hwy? I think Almeda Hwy is from Naga going to Pili. Or was it renamed recently?

Comment

this is so right.

Sir Jim,
                    Should it be Quirino Hwy not Almeda Hwy? I think Almeda Hwy is from Naga going to Pili. Or was it renamed recently?
                    Nope, It should be Andaya Highway, my mistake

Comment

Nope, It should be Andaya Highway, my mistake
                      ah yes i remember it was change to andaya hwy.
                      new name/old name correction needed? (andaya hwy//quirino hwy)

Comment

As a traveler to Bicol,we normally took breakfast or lunch at Litas eatery in Gumaca-coming fr Manila (most of the motorist dine here- I have no intention to advertise this place though) This is approx one (1) hr coming from Lucena-Total Gas stn. Then it would take another hour to reach intersection Of Andaya Highway(you decide either to go via Daet or take the Andaya highway aka Quirino highway-which is about approx 2 hrs to reach Sipocot). Depending on your body clock you might need to take a lunch/dinner when you are travelling along Almeda hiway , a restaurant named "Mikainan" might be a candidate (no intent to promote or advertise-just helping/sharing fellow Roaguiders where to look for reasonable/clean food-although there are other restaurant along the highway). see attachment photo and gdb file(uploaded already wpt)
                        tried yesterday lots of byaheros stopping by, busy, parking no problem, a parking guy will help. mura lang foods, masarap, yes depends on your panlasa.
                        a waitress told me, meron na nagpunta nakamap na kmi, (ikaw i map kita,,,harharhar yes.(saw my GPS) kuya kilala ka pala doon.

Comment

Originally posted by uargon View Post
                          tried yesterday lots of byaheros stopping by, busy, parking no problem, a parking guy will help. mura lang foods, masarap, yes depends on your panlasa.
                          a waitress told me, meron na nagpunta nakamap na kmi, (ikaw i map kita,,,harharhar yes.(saw my GPS) kuya kilala ka pala doon.
                          Nope, actually it was my bro who told me this place when I asked where i can eat along the highway,but unfortunately he was not able to get the wpt so I did, sinamahan ko na ng pics etc... (included pics etc..)

Comment

Comment

Is the place open 24hours?
                              Last edited by arvin555; 11-08-2010, 23:24.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                                Is the place open 24hours?
                                sorry not sure though, although most of us prefer to take the highway on daylight

Comment

Working...
                                X