No announcement yet.

manila >> banaue >> sagada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd prefer the Manila - Baguio - Halsema - Sagada route going up, so I don't have to endure the McArthur Hiway traffic going down. I will however bypass Cabanatuan and Gapan going back via Talavera then the SCTEx.

BUT if you're feeling adventurous, and will be on a 4x4 I suggest going the Aritao - Kabayan - Halsema - Sabangan - Sagada, very nice and scenic route. Take a side trip to Ambuklao and see the dam.

I should get a cedula na from Sagada as I've been there four times already this year.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Beerboy; 04-22-2010, 11:29.

Comment

Guys,
      I sent the routes to my Nuvi 1350 (memory card) but I can't find it anywhere in it. Is my unit not route capable?

Comment

Originally posted by Beerboy View Post
        I'd prefer the Manila - Baguio - Halsema - Sagada route going up, so I don't have to endure the McArthur Hiway traffic going down. I will however bypass Cabanatuan and Gapan going back via Talavera then the SCTEx.

BUT if you're feeling adventurous, and will be on a 4x4 I suggest going the Aritao - Kabayan - Halsema - Sabangan - Sagada, very nice and scenic route. Take a side trip to Ambuklao and see the dam.

I should get a cedula na from Sagada as I've been there four times already this year.
        Thanks Beerboy, It pays to have a native member from Sagada J/k Thanks for the attachment too.

Comment

Originally posted by afrasay View Post
          Guys,
          I sent the routes to my Nuvi 1350 (memory card) but I can't find it anywhere in it. Is my unit not route capable?
          Just found out, it doesn't have routing capabilities.

Comment

will be in sagada this weekend with stopover in baguio.

a. i've taken kennon rd going to baguio before. why should or shouldn't i take marcos highway this time?
            b. where's the best place for a 1-night stay in baguio? should be cheap but decent and can accommodate 4 persons. would a transient house do? any particular place that can be suggested?
            c. what's the best route going back via banaue? still thru sctex bypassing cabanatuan?

Comment

Hi Pokz.

Marcos highway's roads are wider and are less prone to landslides. When trucks/buses do stall, it is easy to overtake them unlike in Kennon.

If you want to be away from the traffic/noise, try Iggy's Inn along Southdrive, they have rooms for 4 and more I think. If you want to be near the action, try Prince Plaza along Legarda, they have apartelle type rooms.

At all costs, bypass Cabanatuan.

Comment

Originally posted by Beerboy View Post
                Hi Pokz.

Marcos highway's roads are wider and are less prone to landslides. When trucks/buses do stall, it is easy to overtake them unlike in Kennon.

If you want to be away from the traffic/noise, try Iggy's Inn along Southdrive, they have rooms for 4 and more I think. If you want to be near the action, try Prince Plaza along Legarda, they have apartelle type rooms.

At all costs, bypass Cabanatuan.
                thanks kuya. that really helps.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                  will be in sagada this weekend with stopover in baguio.

a. i've taken kennon rd going to baguio before. why should or shouldn't i take marcos highway this time?
                  b. where's the best place for a 1-night stay in baguio? should be cheap but decent and can accommodate 4 persons. would a transient house do? any particular place that can be suggested?
                  c. what's the best route going back via banaue? still thru sctex bypassing cabanatuan?
                  kuya, you driving all the way to sagada? roads going up are not F1-friendly .
                  and dont forget your 1sec tracks.
                  FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                    kuya, you driving all the way to sagada? roads going up are not F1-friendly .
                    i know. but what road in pinas is f1-friendly anyway?

and dont forget your 1sec tracks.
                    no need. i am mods are too lazy to include them naman in the map.
                    Last edited by Jan; 05-19-2011, 15:58. Reason: fixed for corectness...

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                      no need. i am mods are too lazy to include them naman in the map.
                      you cant resist it...its like blood to a vampire.
                      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

you cant resist it...its like blood to a vampire.

like pomelo to reiji me :sly:
                        Last edited by Reiji; 05-19-2011, 20:47.
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by reiji0463 View Post
                          you cant resist it...its like blood to a vampire.:d
                          the flesh is weak...

Comment

Working...
                          X