No announcement yet.

SLEX warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone here seen any MATES personnel at the toll gate exit points, looking for those caught over-speeding?

Also haven't seen anyone stationed at Mamplasan or Southwoods with speed guns, or I just missed them during rush hours. :-)

Comment

have not experienced anybody catching speeders in SLEX. but noticed everybody now is driving max of 100kmh... well mostly. what alarms me is i've heard about authorities not stopping speeders and this would just reflect when you renew your LTO?

Comment

My friend was stopped at the Calamba exit, and fined by an LTO officer for doing 120kmph. They were apparently caught on radar at the mamplasan fly over. Fine was 2400peso and they had to pay at the Lipa City office within 3 days. (they could have chosen Quezon City instead).

They were only targeting cars coming through the Epass gate, and not the other gates. The epass gate had refused to open for them, so there is obviously some cooperation between the slex, epass and the LTO, as the epass are registered to specific license plates.

Comment

most of the time i see them on the overpass of the southwoods exits.

Comment

speeding on SLEX

Its not just Epass catching speedsters, my mate was caught at 120 kph from Manila to Calamba, he does not have epass, and had to pay the fine on the spot ...

Comment

thanks for the info jnieurzyla. I have noticed a massive reduction in speed on the road, so the rules are obviously slowing people down, but yet to see any inforcement myself.

Do you know how much your mate had to pay?

Comment

Originally posted by stevensan View Post
                .... as the epass are registered to specific license plates.
                we use the epass (both nlex and slex) interchangeably between three vehicles and there has never been a problem

Comment

Working...
                X